NOC Specialist Clinical Support
- 91 applicants
NOC Specialist (Clinical Support)
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As a Network Operations Center Specialist within the Clinical Support Team, you will play a key role in the day to day operations of the Online Care Group, including 24/7/365 physician support, escalation resolution, and handling a high volume of clinical support calls. We are looking for full time employees who have flexible schedules and can work either overnight, evening or weekend hours.
- Manage support escalations in conjunction with other team members
- Acts as the main point of contact for all provider-related support questions and issues via phone, email and live chat
- Answer incoming support phone calls and complete case documentation appropriately
- Uses critical thinking skills to prioritize and problem solve escalations
- Act as the liaison between the patient and patient’s pharmacy and/or treating physician to resolve open support requests
- Triage cases to the Technical Support team as needed for troubleshooting
- Upholds tracking of all support escalations utilizing Salesforce tools
- Works in collaboration with other NOC pods and departments within American Well to provide the best support possible to our patients and providers
- Robust interpersonal and communications ability, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability in a fast-paced start up environment
- Fast learner, ready to jump right in with little direction
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone, video-conference, and written communication such as live agent chat and email
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in all basic computer functions and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact with diverse groups
- A proven track record of exercising good judgment and handling constantly changing priorities in a positive, professional environment
- Experience resolving issues live on the phone in a call center environment; ability to maintain control of a phone call in tough situations
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree preferred
- 1-2 years related experience preferred
Should you join Amwell and the Clinical Services team, you will support the Online Care Group:
The Online Care Group (OCG) is a physician-owned and operated medical practice. OCG is dedicated to the practice of telehealth, delivering high quality healthcare to patients on a secure, HIPAA compliant, video-based platform. In addition to urgent care, OCG also manages a national behavioral health practice, which includes therapy and psychiatry, as well as a nutrition practice staffed by registered dieticians and a Breastfeeding support practice. The Online Care Group practices across all 50 states – 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance