Member Support Unicorn
- 65 applicants (16%)
Time zones: CET (UTC +1)
- Please note that we are currently looking for candidates specifically within the CET time zone for this role.
- Please visit our Careers Page for further information and to apply: https://www.interaction-design.org/careers
Are you a strong communicator and troubleshooter? Do you have an eye for detail and a desire to help people achieve their goals through online learning? Do you enjoy working cross-functionally to solve problems and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment?
Great! Then read on.
We’re proud to say that we’ve put together an amazing team of unicorns who support, inspire and challenge each other every day, and we are looking for an equally talented and like-minded colleague to join us. We’re lucky enough to get up each day and build a better future for thousands of people around the world. But something’s missing. And we think it could be you.
The Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is the biggest online design school globally. Founded in 2002, we have over 135,000 graduates and counting. We’re market leaders in online design education because the world’s leading experts create our content and because we’re specialized in design. What’s more, with over 1.5 million monthly visitors, we’re at the forefront of providing premier design education to such organizations as IBM and SAP, as well as thousands of other companies.
What you will be doing
You will help us achieve our vision to become the best and most recognized design school on the planet. We’re not just saying that. We mean it very seriously, and we’ve come a long way on that road.
Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey on which you will make an impact as you:
- Act as an ambassador of our brand and maintain our excellent reputation. It’s a big responsibility but also a very rewarding one!
- Serve as a point of contact for B2B and B2C customers with queries about our products, orders, onboarding delivery and contract negotiations.
- Correspond daily with our users across multiple channels, building out our FAQ/self-help repository, and troubleshooting reported issues.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other teams to relay customer needs, maximize retention and growth, and communicate learnings.
- Work with the development and editorial teams to improve our product offerings and the user experience of the platform.
- Be consistently hitting and exceeding your customer experience goals.
- Help shape internal processes that directly impact engagement and improve our KPIs.
- Update our internal knowledge base and contribute to department initiatives around knowledge sharing.
- Work closely with the Growth and Product teams to reduce churn and strengthen retention at every stage of each customer’s journey.
- Become our virtual face and often the first point of contact that people have with our community. So, you will be an essential part of our team —someone who directly helps our foundation grow further and further!
Our community is at the heart of what we do , and we put a colossal effort into serving them as best we can. That’s why we’re looking for a talented and hard-working Member Support Unicorn who has an eye for detail, an empathic nature to help people, and a natural drive for perfection.
Alongside providing support to our community, if you’re hungry to develop yourself professionally, you’ll find huge potential to enjoy growing in other areas. In fact, you can see this role symbolized nicely in our logo: We revolve around growth and setting knowledge free—and need the right person to help our members find growth and enlightenment even more easily!
Overall, if you’re ready to help our community and, in turn, change the future of education, then congratulations—you’ve come to the right place!
What we can offer
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- Regular video-based contact with your colleagues , and you will get to meet them in amazing locations on team trips 1–2 times a year
- The chance to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers around the world and put smiles on their faces as you ease their learning journeys.
- The opportunity to supercharge your collaboration skills and communication working across departments and geographies to deliver outstanding results.
- Our focus is on creating a dynamic, positive, and supportive work environment where our team members can grow and thrive.
- Opportunity to work independently without supervision and flexible schedules as long as deadlines are hit. Our company culture cultivates a feeling of camaraderie and a sense of belonging and direction.
- A company culture of learning and excellence —coupled with care and respect. Your colleagues will support and help you learn, just like you’ll help them!
- A competitive salary - we pay competitive salaries based on your location and local economy.
- A home office allowance and a laptop to optimize your workspace.
- 5 weeks (25 days) of paid vacation per year to do whatever makes you happy, rested and fulfilled.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in providing email-based customer or similar client-facing experience.
- You are a confident communicator who does not hesitate to ask questions, investigate, and share your findings with the team.
- You’re an enthusiastic problem solver, keen to keep going until the issue is solved.
- Your customer empathy comes through in your writing style and tone of voice and you have the ability to explain concepts clearly.
- You’re comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to always learn and apply these insights to your work - with failures an inevitable part of your experiments.
- You’re self-motivated & self-reliant with exceptional time management skills.
- You're resilient and have the ability to bounce back when things aren’t going according to plan, providing solutions along the way.
- You are based in the CET time zone
You get bonus points if you …
- have experience with working remotely.
- have experience with SEO.
- have an interest in online learning.
- are passionate about the customer experience.
- are already a member of the Interaction Design Foundation.