Government Success Manager UK
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a global social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, and presence in London, works to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by 300+ local governments and organisations in over 18 countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has given 750,000+ community members a direct voice in local politics, has earned recognition as the 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe', and was featured in outlets such as The New York Times and Forbes.
CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to enable millions of people in cities across the globe to shape the future of their communities.
GovSuccess Manager UK at CitizenLab
As our Government Success Manager UK, you will be in charge of showing all British governments we work with, the way to success. You are an expert in community engagement and/or the public sector, and will transfer that expertise via training, workshops, and other professional services to our customers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Own overall relationship with British governments , which includes: onboarding, increasing adoption, ensuring retention and satisfaction, managing risk.
- Transfer public participation expertise in-person (workshops, training), remotely (video calls), and via content (guides, articles) to civil servants.
- Deeply understand our clients' objectives and advise them on participatory process design and organisational development.
- Work closely together with our Business Developer UK, to expand our client base in the UK by occasionally giving presentations to prospective agencies and facilitating sales.
What do we expect from you?
- You can demonstrate a strong interest in the topics of public governance & citizen engagement. If you have an existing network in the public sector , that's a big plus.
- You have +3y relevant experience to demonstrate project/change management skills , e.g. in Management Consulting, Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, or another client-facing role. Account management experience is a plus.
- You possess the ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes.
- You have good analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights and present these in a visually attractive way. You are well-versed with Powerpoint/Keynote.
- You have a results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action.
- You are proactive and can demonstrate a sense of initiative.
- You are empathetic and show a positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals.
- You are an exceptional communicator in English, both orally through presentations and in writing.
An eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking all the boxes. If you don’t meet all of the listed requirements but are motivated and excited about the role, we want to hear from you!
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from a startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our international expansion.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in our various hybrid (in-person/remote) team events , inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive salary package , incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.