Freelance Customer Support Specialist
- 20 applicants (10%)
Location: Within Europe; 100% Remote; Freelance
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with an easy route planner. Driven by a desire to explore and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot’s mission is to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews—komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully-remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Do you enjoy interacting with people and helping them find solutions? Can you easily pick up new information and apply it quickly? Does an independent and flexible working environment help you thrive? If your answers are ‘yes,’ we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a friendly, tech-savvy Customer Support Specialist to join our team. This is a part-time, freelance, and fully-remote position. The time commitment varies, ranging from 10-30 hours a week, depending on the time of year.
This role is perfect for you if you want to work independently and fully remotely – whether you’re a student, a stay-at-home parent, or a digital nomad. We’re looking to build long-term relationships with people for whom this position makes sense based on their circumstances.
What you will do
- Your primary responsibility will be to answer our customers’ requests (email only) and help them get the most out of our product. You will be the first point of contact for our customers and, together with our Customer Support team, play a crucial role in how our users perceive us.
- Suppose you’ve been using komoot for a long time (or can pick it up quickly). If you’re great at written communication and looking for a position that offers the right mixture of flexibility and reliability, this is an excellent option for you.
- Our peak season at komoot starts in April and ends in September. We expect to receive more support tickets during this time and will have significantly more work available, which is why we expect you to work 20h per week minimum between those months.
- The rest of the year is much quieter. However, there will be some weeks when we might need extra help. Being able to upscale/downscale your hours based on current circumstances would be very helpful.
What will your daily work look like?
- Support our users via email and answer their questions
- Handle mainly product questions and tailor responses from a bank of prepared answers to suit each case
- Work on first-level bug reporting: identify where there might be errors and then forward the cases to our second-level team
- Regularly ask for help and escalate anything that will require deeper investigation
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with outdoor fans and help them to have beautiful experiences and discover more of the great outdoors.
- You can set your schedule and decide when and where you work daily. The beach? The mountains? No timezone or country restrictions.
- You’ll have a lot of flexibility and freedom throughout the year to work more during some months and less during others.
- The salary for this position will be 20€ per hour, regardless of where you live. You’ll need to be set up as a freelancer in the country/area where you’re a tax resident and be able to invoice us
You’ll be successful in this position if you
- Can answer about 12 emails per hour.
- Speak German on a native level and have advanced English (C1-2). You’ll be working with German-speaking customers, and our internal company language is English.
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, well-organized, and independent. This is a position with a high degree of flexibility and no micro-management. You’ll need to be proactive and reliable in your communication.
- Are happy to also work during the weekend. The specific hours will be up to you.
- Are happy to become a komoot expert as quickly as possible (or you already are one).
- Are an excellent written communicator and know precisely how to create high-quality, personalized responses.
- Learn quickly and enjoy deep diving into technical issues and solving them.
- Ideally, you’re a regular komoot user.
Sound like you?
Great, then we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
Your CV in English highlights your most relevant experience.
A short cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at komoot.
- Feel free to tell us a little about yourself and show us your interests via your blog, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, or website.
- Bonus points for; Doing something creative with komoot (We love people who go the extra mile).