Director of Customer Success
- USA Only
At Desmos, we’re on a mission to help every student learn math and love learning math. Our free tools and activities are used by tens of millions of students and teachers around the world. We recently launched a middle school curriculum that blends both paper and digital tasks to support social classrooms, invite mathematical creativity, and provoke wonder. More than 200,000 students will use our curriculum across more than 30 states in just its second year. The key to our success? Exceptionally happy teachers and students (NPS last year: 86 among purchasers).
We are looking to hire a Director of Customer Success to oversee the implementation of this rapidly growing program. As Director of Customer Success, you will ensure that our customers enjoy a seamless, consistent, and joyful experience. You will also ensure our team is constantly improving by having a finger on customer needs and working collaboratively with our product, curriculum, research, and sales teams. Finally, you will oversee and grow our team of incredible Desmos Coaches, the fastest growing team at Desmos.
This role is a great fit for you if you believe in spreading a joy for teaching and learning mathematics, believe in building equitable and just workplace & learning environments, and enjoy navigating complex dynamics within districts to support that vision. You should find delight in setting ambitious team-level goals, digging deep into data, building systems and processes, and working collaboratively with folks across the team to see them come to fruition.
What you should be ready to teach anyone on your first day:
- How to develop a proactive customer success program, involving data collection, analysis, and implementation to preempt and reduce potential churn, while balancing and keeping CRC low.
- How to define and improve NPS scores, and strategies for converting detractors into advocates.
- An understanding of the internal dynamics of schools and districts.
- How to build and lead a diverse, happy, and high-performing team of remote employees who are aligned for a common vision and mission.
- How to employ culturally competent leadership practices to create a team culture rooted in equity & inclusion.
What you’ll learn more about after your hired:
- Our philosophies for coaching, design, equity, pedagogy, and technology.
- The unique features of our curriculum program and the various ways in which we support curriculum users.
- The processes and tools we currently use to track teacher usage and data insights.
- Our product development processes, and how we currently gather feedback on our product’s features.
- Perhaps some mathematics and math education.
Within your first week, you’ll:
- Introduce yourself to everyone on the team in Slack.
- Meet 1 on 1 with your team of Desmos Coaches, who each provide program support to a portfolio of school and district sites.
- Meet members from across our team including team members from our curriculum, product, research, and sales teams.
- Dive into current systems and processes we use to manage our relationships with our curriculum sites.
Within your first month, you’ll:
- Establish goals and strategy for the coaching team to drive positive site experience and growth.
- Identify areas of growth for the coaching team, and collaborate with the Desmos Coaches to address those areas.
- Coordinate with our Director of Sales and sales team to align on site renewal forecasting and growth opportunities.
- Ensure that our product feedback loop is running smoothly in a way that equitably addresses the needs of our customers.
Within your first three months, you’ll:
- Develop cross-functional processes across the coaching, curriculum, product, research, and sales teams to integrate information for overall site success and team efficiency.
- Determine high priority needs from across curriculum sites in collaboration with the Desmos Coaches.
- Decide on, and start tracking, metrics for tracking and improving engagement with curriculum sites throughout the school year.
- Collaboratively develop at least one new impactful and scalable resource for supporting our customers.
Within your first year, you’ll:
- Oversee the growth of the coaching team by leading the hiring process for new Desmos Coaches.
- Contribute to the revenue growth of the middle school math curriculum by collaborating with the sales team to retain and expand renewal sites.
- Decide, with your team and based on data, on which supports to adjust and which new ones to implement.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within your team and amongst our curriculum sites.
- Take a vacation to recharge! We do our best work when we’re rested.
Desmos is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Furthermore, we believe that diversity leads to stronger teams, better products, and more successful companies. Come join us as we tackle the hard problems we love and build an enduring company in the process.