Director, Customer Support
Title:Director, Customer Support
Location: United States
Edmentum is the leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services to 43,000 schools in all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. We partner with educators to create instructional technology that is proven, easy-to-use, individualized, and aligned to state standards. Built on a 60-year history of innovation and impact, we believe that when educators succeed, students thrive, everywhere learning occurs.
As the Manager of Technical Services, you will be responsible for hiring, coaching, and leading a diverse team of new and established Technical Analysts and Technical Engineers in a fast-paced environment education technology environment. In this role, you will grow and develop your team to ensure they provide a best in class’ implementation experience to our customers while setting up data integrations for their school or district. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required for this role. Frequent interaction with all levels of customer and corporate leadership requires the ability to function in highly political situations. Ideal candidates will be process disciplined, highly organized, people-focused, and customer-centric. This position reports to the Director of Technical Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manage the daily operations of Edmentum’s Technical Services team, who partner with customers to implement data integration tools like SIS, LTI, and SSO, including Clever, Classlink, API, Google, etc.
- Build strategic cross-functional and cross-organizational partnerships to resolve problems, improve processes and achieve Edmentum strategic goals
- Build partnerships with Sales and Customer Success to ensure customers are implementing the right solution for their Edmentum product
- Take ownership of the performance of the Technical Analysts and Technical Engineers on the team, ensuring they achieve their KPIs and provide a consistent, exceptional customer service experience
- Devise ways to optimize the performance of the team by keeping them motivated and engaged throughout the seasonality of education technology
- Coach and mentor employees through continuous 1:1 sessions; manage and lead team member growth through professional coaching, personal feedback, and quality review processes
- Handle and own escalations from the team ensuring our customers receive a world-class’ experience, not only by responding but by implementing ways to prevent it from happening in the future
- Conduct regular audits of data and customer satisfaction results to identify and respond quickly to any issues or requests
- Leverage data to advocate for the team by escalating issues to leadership, and the Product Management and Development teams
- Manage new hire on-boarding, ensuring all new employees have the essential tools and knowledge for success
- Update leadership regularly, including any significant process and system problems and milestones attained in reaching established objectives
- Control costs and conserve assets
- Maintain a spirit of camaraderie while building a positive, and fun team culture, by suggesting and engaging in team-building activities and group opportunities to give back to the community
- Travel (up to 10%)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of business/technical experience
- 2+ years managing a team
- Experience managing 5+ direct reports
- Proven leader with a passion for mentoring others to grow and achieve success
- Experience strategizing around a proactive way to support and delight customers along with the ability to manage large enterprise customers
- Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Experience training, developing, and leading a remote staff, required
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) preferred
- Experience working in virtual education or education technology, a plus
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- High level of business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with experience creating and manipulating reports in Excel, creating PowerPoints, etc.
- Superior data monitoring, analysis, and manipulation skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to drive recommendations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, listen attentively to others, understand complex tasks and documentation, and provide clear instructions to all employees
- Ability to build trust and confidence with customers, colleagues, and leadership
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and/or leaders of the organization
- Ability to set high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Ability to problem-solve while exercising patience and remaining poised in stressful situations
- Process optimization and process management skills. Prior experience analyzing, modifying, and measuring processes
Team-oriented and able to build and maintain strong inter-team and inter- departmental relationships
Edmentum is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors, and guests. Our organization will comply with all COVID-19 vaccination requirements at a site or facility that requires all employees and contractors who will be performing services. The CDC defines fully vaccinated as being two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 Vaccine or two weeks after the single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here