Customer Support Specialist
- 220 applicants
Customer Support Specialist – US /CA
Location USA, Canada
Type Full time
Compensation $50K $60K Offers Equity
Who we are:
Sardine has built a behavior-based platform for fraud prevention, regulatory compliance, and instant payments.
Led by a team of industry veterans, and fraud experts from PayPal, Zelle, Revolut, Chase, and Coinbase, the company has quickly grown to over 200 global customers. Sardine has raised $75M, led by Andreessen Horowitz Growth, XYZ Capital, Google Ventures, Visa, Activant Capital, Experian, and ING Ventures.
- We have hubs in the Bay Area, NYC, and Toronto. However, we have a remote-first work culture. #WorkFromAnywhere
- We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way
- We value performance and not hours worked. We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your family dinner, your kid’s school play, or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule
- US / Canada (From Home / Beach / Mountain / Cafe / Anywhere!)
- We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. So you can find your productive zone and work from there
About the role:
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Customer Support Agent to join our global team. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the satisfaction of our customers and partners through prompt and effective issue resolution.
Your attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, and in-depth understanding of customer service best practices will contribute to maintaining the high standards we uphold in serving our clients.
- Resolve customer inquiries and issues submitted through our email/ticketing system and voice calls with the utmost professionalism and efficiency.
- Maintain a strong sense of quality and urgency while addressing customer complaints.
- Demonstrate a high level of empathy when interacting with customers and business partners, understanding their needs and concerns while representing Sardine’s values.
- Collaborate seamlessly with internal departments to facilitate the resolution process, fostering cross-functional teamwork and effective communication.
- Mitigate potential risks by identifying pertinent information or behaviors that may necessitate further investigation or escalation.
- Actively participate in initiatives to enhance the overall customer experience, provide valuable insights, and advocate for improvements.
An ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in a customer service setting, preferably within the FinTech / Payments industry.
- Proficiency in utilizing customer service software such as Zendesk.
- Hands-on experience with processing and investigating ACH deposits, wire transfers, and debit card transactions, ensuring accuracy and compliance with established protocols.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills.
- Genuine passion for delivering exceptional customer service, consistently going above and beyond to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Analytical thinking and the ability to discern when issues require escalation, ensuring that complex problems are addressed by the appropriate teams.
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in the Spanish language is a plus.
- An affinity for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology and a keen awareness of market trends would be a notable advantage.
Compensation: Base pay range of $50,000 – $60,000 + Series B equity with tremendous upside potential + Attractive benefits
Benefits we offer:
- Generous compensation in cash and equity
- 7-year for post-termination option exercise (vs. standard 90 days)
- Early exercise for all options, including pre-vested
- Work from anywhere: Remote-first Culture
- Unlimited paid time off and minimum two weeks/year of mandatory vacation
- 100% of health insurance, dental, and vision coverage for employees and 60% for dependents – US specific
- 4% matching in 401k – US specific
- Company-wide offsites, the last one was at Miami
- MacBook Pro delivered to your door
- One-time stipend to set up a home office desk, monitors, etc.
- Monthly meal stipend
- Annual health and wellness stipend
- Monthly meet-up stipend
- Annual Learning stipend
- Unlimited access to an expert financial advisory
Join a fast-growing company with world-class professionals from around the world. If you are seeking a meaningful career, you found the right place, and we would love to hear from you.