Customer Support Specialist
- USA Only
- 13 applicants (21%)
Customer Support Specialist
(View all jobs)
Remote – US
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion datapoints annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
- Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for growth-minded, results-driven Customer Support Specialists with strong organizational skills and a high focus on customer service. The goal of the Customer Support Specialist is to help support Samsara’s rapidly-growing service solutions and provide an exceptional customer experience. We work with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation to oil and gas companies, to large-scale food producers; as such, candidates will need to demonstrate a strong ability to communicate account statuses and manage requests in order to best serve the needs of this diverse customer base. The ideal candidate has experience in a customer support role in a multi channel contact center environment. You will be assisting customers in troubleshooting account issues, providing account documentation, and assisting with escalations, via phone, chat and email.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click hereto learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Help Customers with a wide range of general inquiries on billing issues and questions
- Handle customer questions about contract renewals and cancellations
- Solve customer issues and escalations about Samsara products and services
- Experience in multi channel servicing including excellent phone skills, good writing skills for Web, email and channel requests
- Ability to prioritize work queue and backlog in addition to incoming customer requests
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the service cycle from initial request to final close out of the transaction
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer-facing role within a contact center environment
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity through daily task completion, personal development, and guided trainings
- Experience in a high pace environment handling escalated customers and able to follow up on customer requests in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving skills and a proven ability to deliver a positive customer experience
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively communicate with a wide range of customers
- Experience in a fast-paced environment managing 20+ cases per day via phone, chat and email channels
- Experience working with ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce, ServiceCloud)
- Proficient with macOS
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends) – Schedules are assigned based on needs of the business, you must be willing to work assigned schedule (5 days a week, 8 hour shift with 2 continuous days off)
- Experience supporting service requests in billing, RMA, cancellations and renewals
- Experience supporting telematics systems, ELDs, and hours of service compliance is a plus
- Spanish and/or French fluency is a plus
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy : Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver total compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock units (RSUs). RSUs are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for top performers which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.