Customer Support Specialist
- USA Only
Customer Support Specialist
SUPPORT – CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Givebutter is the world’s fastest-growing online fundraising platform. More than 30,000 good causes – from local youth groups to world-renowned charities – raise over $100 million annually using Givebutter’s modern forms, campaigns, and event technology.
Founded in 2016, Givebutter is bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly. The entire company is fully-remote, spanning twelve different states and three countries. In 2020, Givebutter was awarded the #1 Highest Rated Fundraising Software on G2 Crowd, the world’s leading software review platform, ahead of 223 competitors.
We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude, attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate the needs of clients to join our team as a Customer Support Specialist. As one of the early members of our growing Customer Support team, you will have the opportunity to support the fundraising efforts of a large and diverse group of clients, ranging from small nonprofits to large educational institutions to Fortune 500 companies. If the thought of waking up every day and getting to “help people help people” excites you, you are encouraged to apply.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include (1) responding to inquiries from current and prospective clients and donors by email, chat, and phone, (2) supporting our payout process and fraud prevention efforts, and (3) developing and implementing projects to enhance the Givebutter support team and customer experience (i.e. writing HelpCenter documentation, answering questions in webinars, finding ways to drive proactive support, looking for areas of opportunity to educate customers about the product, etc.) in partnership with your manager – we have an exciting opportunity to build a world-class customer support organization together! Ultimately, you will help maintain our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support and service.
**We are especially excited to hear from candidates who bring the
following things to the table:**
- The ability to “play the tape all the way through” and anticipate what the customer will ask/need next
- Positive attitude whether working independently or collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous customer support experience in a SAAS environment
- Sense of ownership and a self-starter mindset
- Previous experience in training, customer success, or account management
- Respond to queries from customers and prospects (leads) in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Follow up with unresponsive customers and leads to ensure their questions are resolved
- Proactively identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Support (and grow) our payout, dispute resolution, and fraud processes
- Analyze product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users) and report them
- Gather customer feedback, feature requests, and workarounds, and proactively suggest improvements
- Update our internal and external documentation as new and improved product features are released
- Qualify leads and efficiently connect prospective clients to the Success team for demos
- 2+ years of experience working in the technology and/or nonprofit industries
- 2+ years of experience as a Customer Support Specialist or similar CS role
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools (i.e. Intercom, Zoom)
- Understanding of how CRM systems work
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
- Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
- Vacation and Holiday: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to meet and work in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Discretionary Budget: We provide elective reimbursements for home office expenses, charitable donations on Givebutter, and more.
- Training and Development: Take part in department and company-wide training and development.
- Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.