Customer Support Engineer
- USA Only
Mid-level Customer Support Engineer
- Remote, United States
Feeling stuck? Ready to run faster than your current company is moving? More than ready to blow out your career goals? Learn the ropes as part of our customer support team and then grow into Account Management, Project Management, or Engineering. We have an awesome track record of WELL support alumni being promoted into other roles. Come grow with us!
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELLTM Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare and ranked #170 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies.
Here at WELL we know that customers are the foundation of our business, and that it’s our responsibility not only to support them throughout their WELL journey, but to provide them with strategic guidance on how to make the most out of the WELL platform along the way. WELL’s Account Management department is responsible for delivering and delighting our customers.
A critical role on the Customer Support team is the Customer Support Engineer. We are looking for a talented Customer Support Engineer to join our team. You are a positive, energetic, self-starter who thrives on diving deep to solve customer problems and providing world-class customer support. You would work directly under our Director of Customer Support, and work alongside a team of hardworking Client Success Associates and other Support Engineers.
This position will not only provide you the opportunity to get first-hand client-facing experience, but also prepare you for a long term career in customer support as well as roles in other areas such as engineering, business analytics, data science, and technical project management.
- Research, diagnose and resolve complex technical issues with our Saas platform
- Learn and leverage knowledge of our internal business analytics and other troubleshooting tools to help identify client problems
- Document, track, and work to resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 support items
- Properly escalate unresolved issues (Tier 3 items) to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers, account managers, and executives)
- Partner with other members of the Account Management team to document key product functionality
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at the same time
- Create and evolve customer support processes, tools, and technologies
- Provide input and feedback to the Product Engineering team relating to improvements to product performance and/or feature enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred (e.g. data science, engineering, mathematics, business analytics, or statistics) (or equivalent experience)
- 2 – 5 years in a similar technical role working with a Saas product
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Build and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and a quick, curious learner
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple items simultaneously
- Demonstrated customer communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Familiarity with APIs (REST, websockets, etc.)
- Familiarity with customer support software (eg. Salesforce Service Cloud, JIRA)
- Telecom experience
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA with a second office being created in Boston, MA. This role is remote friendly anywhere in the United States. If you wish to work in an office, your options are our Santa Barbara headquarters or Boston, MA.
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).