Customer Support Associate
- USA Only
Customer Support Associate
- Location: REMOTE OR WASHINGTON, DC
- OPERATIONS / FULL-TIME
Sparkfund is a Washington, DC based company committed to radically improving the efficiency of the energy infrastructure in our built environment. Through an innovative subscription platform, we allow commercial customers to adopt the best energy technology without the up front capital expense or ongoing maintenance constraints that come with owning the equipment. We strive to create positive change by deploying solutions that are good for business and good for the planet. And we’re building a diverse and collaborative culture to help us achieve all of that.
At Sparkfund, the Customer Support division is responsible for keeping our customers happy. They are the front line for responding to customer complaints and interruptions to their services.
We are looking to hire a Customer Support Associate with strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills whose mindset is always customer- first. In this role, you will execute on the customer support and service functions for our customers (referred to as subscribers), keep up-to-date documentation on ongoing support issues, and use your first-hand experience to help develop insights and solutions to improve subscriber satisfaction. This is a new team and role in Sparkfund, and the Associate will play a big role in creating and implementing the processes, systems, and infrastructure that boost subscriber satisfaction, time to resolution, and efficiency of resolution.
- Respond to customer inquiries, complaints, and technology maintenance issues.
- Work with external vendors and internal teams to resolve issues and meet and exceed subscribers’ expectations.
- Provide/facilitate customer training and onboarding to technology platforms and/or the installed efficiency equipment.
- Serve as a customer advocate to identify changes to workflows to increase efficiency of various internal teams to improve the quality of services delivered to customers.
- Gain an understanding of the roles of various parts of Sparkfund that are involved in customer support issues resolution (finance, project delivery, project engineering, sales, etc) and be comfortable with pulling in those teams as needed.
- Be able to handle first level questions with top notch customer service, and identify when to escalate complaints as needed to senior management for resolution.
- Develop proficiency in a multitude of our IoT partner platforms in order to provide preliminary support and trouble-shooting for these systems.
- Manage the day-to-day inquiries that come through our overflow and after-hours response service, AnswerConnect. Follow-up on messages, provide feedback for AnswerConnect reps, and iterate on our scripting.
- Communicate with the customer during and after installation, collecting and processing deliverables from the customer, including delivery confirmations
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward subscribers at all times, and respond promptly to subscriber inquiries.
- Create and maintain documentation of subscriber interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Help improve Customer Support by evaluating processes and proposing iterative improvements.
- Enhance Customer Support productivity by simplifying processes, helping to implement new tools.
- Make recommendations to Sales and Product teams for changes to products or services based on subscriber feedback and requests.
- Identify and eliminate operations process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- 1-3 years in relevant areas, preferably in B2B customer service, success, or account management.
- Proven ability to demonstrate good judgement and composure in difficult situations.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending process improvements.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks; proven strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with day-to-day operations using software and cloud-based information management tools including Salesforce, G Suite, Asana, and Slack.
- Dedication to what we’re building at Sparkfund and making an impact through increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy.
We’d love if you have:
- Experience working with large energy companies (utilities, retail electric, oil & gas, or renewables)
- Experience managing executive customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
- Experience generating sales leads from a portfolio of existing customers.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience shaping or revamping the customer experience (CX).
- Competitive compensation and stock option plans – we believe in radical shared ownership.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy that encourages ~4 weeks of paid time off + 12 paid business holidays
- 8 weeks gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families.
- A company laptop and any other hardware you need.
We Want You To Know
You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself .We are dedicated to environmental stewardship, and recognize we need diverse perspectives to successfully tackle this massive challenge. To change the world, we must first change ourselves, which is why Sparkfund has created a space that sources viewpoints from people who look and think differently.
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking steps to meet that commitment.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.