Customer Support Advocate, Americas
tldr; We build software for Airbnbs to rent themselves, with a state-of-the- art product and user experience.
We have crafted an Applicant Handbook, which we highly recommend you check out, where you can find out more about the company, culture, how we recruit, what we do, and how we do it.
We are bold, like risks, and take on big challenges together. Our customers love the product, provide valuable feedback, and trust us to rapidly help them with more of their problems.
Feel free to join in one of our upcoming Townhalls on Clubhouse to experience it for yourself!
What you will be working on?
- Onboard customers on our product throughout the entire user cycle with live chat and email.
- Create video and written content to educate customers (product tours, videos, documentation, FAQ).
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues (with the support of the engineering team and our tooling).
- Act as a "feature champion" to educate the product & engineering team about users' needs.
- Answer inquiries through live chat, Zoom calls (inbound phone support is on the horizon too!)
What does the schedule look like?
For this position, we are aiming to service customers across US timezones (PST/CDT/MDT/EST). The ideal candidate has the ability to work evenings, with a starting shift time of 12pm EST / 9am PST.
We also need this person to be available to cover every weekend day for a full shift on both days. Candidates must be comfortable with working each weekend and 3 days during weekdays.
There will be 2 consecutive rest days, to be defined at the discretion of the successful candidate.
For this position, we are looking to recruit someone in the North American time zone (for example based anywhere in the USA). Candidates in countries outside of the North American region will not be considered.
If you're hesitant to apply for this position because you feel that you don't meet this list of qualifications fully, don't worry! We want to hear from you.
- Caring about the impact your work has on your team and the company.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience working in B2B (or B2C!) Saas.
- Attention to detail and eagerness for constant improvement.
- Very special kudos if you are an Airbnb host or have been working with a short-term rental business.
The company itself is also a product, one that we iterate on. We're always improving and creating an environment where we all love to work.
- A supportive and caring team environment, where you are trusted, not managed.
- Competitive compensation, slightly adapted to your location. For this role, the maximum cash compensation according to our salary grid is $130,500 (for a candidate based in a high-cost-of-life city such as San Francisco or New York and with exceptional past experience).
- We want to offer options into the company equity through our $HOST token. When this can be implemented, the grant contemplated for this position would be $65,250 (not tied to location).
- 35 days off per year, encouraged (including self-serve public holidays) and parental leave.
- Mental-health and emotional support with therapists on call through Slack.