Customer Success Manager
Customer Success Manager
- Sales & Business Development
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Customer Success Manager
The role of the Customer Success Manager (CSM) is to support a portfolio of key accounts, by ensuring the implementation and most efficient use of Travelport technology, products and services through effective account support. The role must ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering excellent service. The role maintains and maximizes revenues by providing technical and functional consultancy and support.
The role is crucial in maintaining competitive advantage and differentiating Travelport through virtual and on-site support provided.
- Provide site visits to a range of customers, in line with the customer account plan, representing the Travelport brand.
- Drive effective deployment and adoption of Travelport products with a strong emphasis on desktop platforms and API solutions.
- Provide professional demonstrations, product consultancy and functional support.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key users and influencers within an agency location, ensuring business solutions are understood and valued by the customer.
- Collaborative and matrix/dotted line team with other critical Travelport resources including but not limited to, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Search Optimization, Project Management, Solution Consultants and Developers.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through effective support and excellent customer service.
- Ensure long term dedication from the customer by focusing on the breadth of product usage and how this can benefit and add value for the customer.
- Quality input to the Account Development Plan, assisting with detailed plans for increased revenue generation and deploy agreed products.
- Ensure all competitive information is relayed back to Manager, Product Propositions, Marketing and Sales.
- Be a product subject matter expert with in-depth product knowledge in specific product areas.
- Build key partner relationships internally at Travelport to ensure wider delivery of customer requirements.
- Work as a team with the Account Manager to build and implement the Close Plan.
- Produce and present quality operational reviews.
- Work closely with the Account Manager to measure customer performance, identifying trends and developing a clear plan for growing share.
- Prioritize a program of activities to ensure products are promoted and utilized to the maximum potential.
- Utilize reporting to analyze / highlight opportunities for training and development for customers.
- Provide technical expertise on the integration of products and services.
- Create an account visit plan that ensures customer visits are led in the most cost-effective manner.
- CRM Management.
- Attend Travelport trade shows, agency and industry events where appropriate.
- Lead, customer projects, such as migrations and product deployments and provide training and support for the projects.
- Communicate optimally with other departments to ensure support strategies are understood and supported by colleagues.
- Understand customer business process and dependencies of 3rd party products.
- Able to identify and qualify new sales opportunities within the account portfolio.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
Experience, Skills & Capabilities:
- 5+ years’ experience within an Account Management or Customer Success Manager role. (Interaction with customers through product implementations, upgrades, migrations as well as supporting day to day challenges and initiatives.)
- Strong technical knowledge of the travel industry with GDS functionality and industry related work experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent level of technical awareness with a solid understanding of Travelport GDS is advantageous
- Ability to focus on the unique selling points of the products in customer demonstrations.
- Understands customer requirements and can map to Travelport products and solutions.
- Understands and can articulate the relevant value proposition.
- Must have the ability to assess and analyze situations accurately, grasping complexities and identifying key issues, applying sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt approach and style to suit the audience.
- Committed to providing excellent customer support and demonstrates resourcefulness when dealing with complex customer situations.
- Exhibit strong leadership ability, although no direct people responsibility in this role.
- Able to interpret trends and take required action; uses spreadsheet and calculations to demonstrate business case; confident in presenting price/value/return on investment to customers.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships through a collaborative, consultative, reliable, and empathetic approach.
- Excellent presentation skills, with a confidence that engages the audience. Able to effectively deliver key messages and demonstrate products.
- Able to plan and prioritize being self-disciplined with good time management.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.
- Auto req ID
- Employee type
- Employment type
- Regular – Full Time
- Office location
- Canada – Remote worker, US – Remote Worker