Customer Success Manager
- 70 applicants (19%)
Customer Success Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Birdie is the leading home healthcare technology platform that aims to radically transform the lives of older adults. Its all-in-one solution supports millions of care visits every month, equipping care providers with the tools they need to deliver better quality care and improve efficiency across most day-to-day operations. Birdie is B-Corp certified and was recently named as a top two Home Health Tech provider globally in the cohort of top 150 Most Innovative Digital Health startups by CB Insight in 2021.
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up’s list. In 2021 we were named no.9 in Start Up’s top 100 innovative and disruptive businesses as well as being accepted into Tech Nation’s 2021 Upscale 7.0 program. As of June 2022 we closed our series B funding with 25m invested by Sofina, Omers & Index ventures.
As one of Birdie’s Customer Success Managers, you will be a partner, trusted advisor and advocate, for Birdie’s SME partners, and will help Birdie shape the future of the SME CSM function.
Ultimately responsible for mitigating churn & gross revenue retention risk, you will support the successful adoption and growth phases of the customer life cycle with Birdie generating expansion opportunities for our sales team by driving value for our partners.
Through the execution of outstanding customer success management you will help our customers grow the number of care recipients being cared for via Birdie. This role is critical to achieving Birdie’s overall goal of radically improving the lives of older adults.
Our ideal start date for this position is the first week of May 2023.
How you will contribute
- Developing and managing success plans in collaboration with the customer and the Birdie Account Team.
- Coordinating, project managing and executing critical activities throughout the adoption & growth phases of our customer life cycle, in pursuit of the objectives outlined in your success plan.
- Forming deep relationships and trusted advisor status with key champions’ at the account, and ensuring their participation in our advocacy, referenceability, and product beta programs. Ensuring Birdie is the first choice when the customer rolls out home care technology across their business.
- Acting as the escalation point for our Support team, you will manage a community of care agency owners and caregivers who are actively looking to improve the quality of care being delivered on the Birdie platform
- Analysing usage patterns to provide insights and guidance during business reviews, or more frequently for at risk customers who may require more proactive support.
- Serving as a customer advocate, identifying resource requirements and dependencies and addressing gaps to maintain a strong health score & executive alignment.
- Being the bridge between the customer and our commercial, product and support teams, effectively communicating risk, priority and business value.
- Becoming an expert in Birdie products and solutions, the home care market and your customers’ business.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum experience of 1-3 years in Customer Success, Account Management, Sales, Social Care.
- You have a strong drive to drastically improve how home care is delivered to older adults leveraging new technological solutions and flexible care models.
- You are comfortable with a start-up environment, fast-moving projects and agile approaches – ability to switch contexts.
- You can easily and clearly nuance, prioritise and articulate long term objectives and weekly targets.
- You have excellent communication skills, you can easily explain the benefits of the service and feel comfortable to be the first point of contact for care agency managers and caregivers.
- Experience in working cross-functionally on a daily basis. Being the bridge that connects the users with the rest of internal teams (Customer Support, Sales, Product, etc)
- You are very well organised and able to bring structure, transparency and efficiency in a multi-tasking working environment; you execute tasks swiftly, efficiently and with the highest standards of quality and rigour.
- You get things done and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility.
- You are passionate, driven and can self-motivate.
What are the benefits?
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth:
Our salary packages are competitive, the role is 41k. We also grant generous stock options to any permanent employee at the end of the probation period. We adjust salaries based on the cost of living index for employees based outside of the UK.
This role can be fully remote (+/- 3hr GMT) but we do also have an office in London that you are more than welcome to use.
L &D budget
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books, courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays)
Birdie closes between Christmas and New Year so you can have some down time with your loved ones. This is in addition to your base holiday!
You can take your birthday off when it falls on a weekday!
Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs
Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality
Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
Highly favourable parental leave policy; once you have spent twelve consecutive months on our payroll, primary caregivers are entitled to 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% of your usual salary and secondary caregivers are entitled to 12 weeks of parental leave, at 100% of your usual salary.
Birdie recognises the emotional and physical challenges which may arise during fertility treatments, and supports all Birdies by offering 5 additional paid days of leave.
Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes 4% of your salary to your pension.
Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.
Join Birdie and seize this unique opportunity to shape the future of a transformative tech startup, to create positive social change, and develop yourself very fast in a flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation.
We have a grand vision to transform how society deals with ageing, starting with radically improving the lives of 1 million older adults in the next 3 years. We dream big and speed is of the essence.
We’re all entrepreneurs at Birdie. We’re a flat organization , with no manager to tell you what to do but a community of peers and coaches to support you.
We’re highly collaborative and iterative. Everything we do is transparent to anyone, be it objectives and key results, compensation packages and equity or strategic conversations.
Growing with trust is key. Everyone sets their own development plan and gets support to learn fast, from training to books or coaches. We live by radical candour : we give honest feedback and care deeply & personally about each other.
Join us now to improve the lives of millions!
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.