Customer Success Lead
- USA Only
- 6 applicants (21%)
Title: Customer Success Lead
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 300,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
Headway is scaling our health plan partnerships across the US, and we’re hiring a Customer (Health Plan) Success Lead to both support our continued growth and lead innovation with strategic partners in 2023 and beyond. Reporting to our Head of Strategic Health Plan Partnerships, you’ll work cross functionally with internal teams (Business Development, Product, Operations) to ensure ongoing success in our strategic health plan partnerships, while also deepening external payer relationships to identify new product opportunities and drive further alignment. This is an exceptional opportunity to own high-impact objectives at a rapidly scaling, mission driven company.
- Be responsible for the health and management of health plan partnerships with some of the largest health plans in the US
- Navigate contract strategy and renegotiations ton optimize partnership structure and success
- Build and grow relationships with health plan operations teams and leadership
- Leverage data to generate insights and identify new opportunities for partnership growth
- Manage executive steering committees and serve as the face of Headway
- Collaborate with cross functional, internal stakeholders to deliver insights to inform product and operations strategy
You will love this role if:
- You have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the healthcare space, preferably in roles within Customer Success, Business Development, or in Strategic Customer-facing roles
- You bring deep exposure to payer business models and economics
- You are a relationship builder, and delight in forging meaningful bonds across all levels of an organization
- You thrive in ambiguity, and seek out opportunities to dive into unfamiliar challenges, drive towards outcomes, and shape strategy
- You are operationally excellent, able to manage multiple high impact customers and large volume of moving pieces without breaking a sweat
- You seek an environment that fosters individual growth through open-feedback and high-autonomy
- You are motivated by the opportunity to face off against one of our generation’s defining problems: access to mental healthcare
We believe a team’s strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem – across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: