Customer Success Engineer -- Network Specialist
- USA Only
Customer Success Engineer - Network Specialist
Remote position, but candidates in Eastern, Central, and Mountain Time Zones preferred.
ThreatWarrior is seeking a Customer Success Engineer (CSE) who will help us build upon, implement, and support our growing base of customers. This is a key customer focused role, one that requires working closely with our customers, partners, sales, and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced and quickly growing environment.
Your network and cybersecurity knowledge will be invaluable, becoming the customer's trusted advisor regarding ThreatWarrior on their network, for both pre-sale and post-sale deployments. During the pre-sale cycle, you will architect and deliver Proof of Values (POVs). After the sale, you will architect full deployments and ensure successful deployment and customer success.
Using knowledge of the customer and your expertise in ThreatWarrior and cybersecurity, you will drive ongoing adoption of ThreatWarrior while following industry best practices to ensure customers understand and maximize value from their investment.
This role requires interaction with enterprises at the senior level (CISO), as well as with their technical IT and Security teams.
The candidate will work effectively in cross-functional teams and be committed to advancing a culture of innovation, commitment to customer success, and fun.
This role requires patience and discipline with the ability to react quickly and calmly. You will be responsible for ensuring that the customer experience remains positive throughout the lifecycle of their support interactions.
Candidates must be comfortable in a start-up environment, must be self starters, strategic and result-driven, with a proven track record of driving customer success.
Due to potential Federal contract requirements, applicants must be US citizens.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Your Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Be the trusted adviser and technical authority to the customer for solution architecture and integration decisions.
- Respond to customer questions and queries, escalating if you are unable to resolve.
- Share the latest ThreatWarrior innovations and drive further use and adoption of the platform.
- Provide feedback to R&D teams on functionality that would benefit customers.
- Present, discuss, and demonstrate ThreatWarrior capabilities to IT leaders and information security professionals as required.
- Strengthen the customer bond through meaningful and informative conversations.
- Be able to remain calm while multitasking and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with your colleagues on investigations and escalations.
- Develop customer-facing content (e.g. knowledge-base, how-to guides).
- Engage with Engineering teams to provide prompt and high-quality workarounds and solutions.
- Review user-configured system changes for security implications and recommend improvements.
- Become a product expert in ThreatWarrior.
- Be accountable for the delivery of Proof of Value implementations from end to end and for driving customer engagement.
- Be available for limited on-call/out-of-hours support for weekends/national holidays.
- Execute established Customer Success programs consistently and accurately.
- Provide exceptional product support for all ThreatWarrior's customers and field teams.
- Proactively identify new issues and drive their resolution.
- Identify, qualify, and document product, hardware, software, and process improvements.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Have experience and proven ability to effectively work autonomously and as a part of a wider team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines.
- Manage multiple modes of customer communication (email, web, phone, and chat).
- Have excellent attention to detail, with experience in customer-facing positions; showcase excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Present highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Show enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Act as a good team player: self-confident, motivated, and independent, with tenacity and drive.
- Provide expertise and troubleshooting relating to network traffic (TCP/IP / UDP) along with a core understanding of networking principles and application protocols.
- Adapt to the demands of large enterprise clients, including hardened security requirements.
- Understand current security technologies and risks, including experience with security appliances and security software.
- Understand virtual environments (VMWare, CSPs, and Containerization).
- Diagnose customer issues, including lab reproduction if necessary.
- Have expertise in Linux-based systems, their management, operation, and application stacks.
- Understand common cyber security vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Good understanding of cloud environments.
- Strong knowledge in networking and ability to understand L2-L7 OSI Layers along with TCP, UDP, and associated protocols.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as WAN connectivity, transport types and protocols, and experience with wireless technology.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Information Technology, particularly networking and systems administration.
- Familiarity with tools such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, NDR, firewalls, and more;
- Cybersecurity certification or direct experience is a huge plus.
- Network switch and router configuration knowledge (Routing, Traffic Mirroring, VLANs, Trunk, and QoS).
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP network protocol suite including packet capture analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Technical know-how of security network devices (switches, antivirus, firewalls, cryptography, SIEM) and any other security networking hardware or software tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You are Flexible and Ready for Anything
- The cybersecurity industry is rapidly changing and we build products that evolve to protect our customers from the latest threats. We pride ourselves on being one step ahead of attackers and preparing for what's to come.
- You are comfortable in a start-up environment, a self-starter, and possess the fundamentals required to contribute to the role defined above.
- Experience in data interchange between dissimilar systems.
- Experience with support and incident response procedures and practices.
- Cybersecurity certification.
How to Apply:
Thank you for including us in your job search. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to let us know why you feel we are a good match. All applications are reviewed quickly because we respect your time. Please make note that due to potential Federal contract requirements, applicants must be US citizens.
ThreatWarrior is a leader in cloud-native network detection and response, helping organizations see, learn about, and act to stop cyber threats before they cause damage. The cyber defense platform delivers true signal through the noise to eliminate alert fatigue and keep analysts focused on critical threats. ThreatWarrior escalates the most serious threats to the people who need to see them, filters out low-value events from being a distraction, and helps cybersecurity professionals prioritize their work with far greater efficiency.
ThreatWarrior combines unsupervised neural networks, continuous deep packet inspection, complete network visibility, and behavioral anomaly detection in a single platform. Leading organizations use ThreatWarrior to defend against APTs, zero-day exploits, digital supply chain attacks and more across on- premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures.
What We Provide:
- Competitive compensation structure - We believe in above-average salaries for our above-average team members.
- Generous time off - Our team enjoys unlimited vacation, plus paid holidays and maternity/paternity leave for new parents.
- Healthcare - We have you covered. Health, vision, dental and life plans, for you and your family.
- Grow with us - We offer our team every chance to learn and grow their skills while helping shape the future of our company.
Everyone is welcome here.
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members feel welcomed, seen and heard.
We celebrate each ThreatWarrior's individuality. Regardless of your race, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity, ThreatWarrior is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.