Customer Service Representative
- USA Only
Customer Service Rep in Work From Home at MultiPlan
- Employee Type – Full-Time
- Location – Work From Home
- Job Type – Customer Service
- Experience – Not Specified
- Job Description
Customer Service Representative
Outbound Call Center – $16.50/hour
Remote positions available
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client’s needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
You can shine with us in a Customer Service Representative position by assisting callers in an engaging and professional manner.
- You will have a steady Monday through Friday 40 hour per week schedule between the hours of:
- 9:00 am and 7:00 pm ET
- 8:00 am and 6:00 pm CT, or
- 7:00 am and 5:00 pm MT.
- Twice per year, employees are able to pick from available shifts.
- Earn $16.50 per hour and have the opportunity to receive additional bonuses based on performance.
- We provide an excellent paid classroom training program as well as continuous on the job coaching and mentoring. We also have advancement and growth opportunities available to employees.
- Find more information on what it’s like to be a MultiPlan employee on our Careers page at multiplan.com
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with customers primarily by phone to verify and correct demographic information
- Research and resolve a variety of customer demographic inquiries at the point of service to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Obtain information from customer and communicate feedback for follow up when required to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Educate providers via phone to ensure inquiry resolution.
- Ensure delivery of accurate information updates for input into all of the Company’s applications.
- Serve as a liaison to other departments to provide inquiry resolution and identify center operational issues.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate Company’s Core Competencies and values held within.
- Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months customer service experience in an office environment
- Call center or telephone experience in a similar environment or industry
- Knowledge of medical and claim terminology
- Communication (written, verbal, listening), organizational, problem solving, leadership, customer service, interpersonal, follow up and data entry skills
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and dependability
- Ability to handle escalated situations in a customer service oriented and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all required situations
- Ability to dissect, organize and format multiple types of complex provider data for promotional use and/or reporting
- Ability to customize communication style to educate internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Ability to use software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
**Pursuant to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the following salary range is provided solely for applicants living in Colorado: $16.50 per hour. If an applicant does not live in Colorado, this salary range may not apply. Specific offers take into account a candidate’s education, experience and skills, as well as the candidate’s work location and internal equity. This position is also eligible for health insurance, 401k and bonus opportunity.
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here