Customer Service Representative
- USA Only
Title: Customer Service Representative, FEMA support
Location: United States
Maximus has immediate openings for remote Customer Service Representatives (CSR). This position will be in support of FEMA, which is the Federal Emergency Management Agency. This CSR position will be primarily assisting callers with questions and concerns around local or state emergencies. To prepare you for this role, employees will be provided with paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
*This position is a Remote – Work at Home, Customer Service position.
Job Description Summary
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay rate is based on location
- The opportunity to work from the comfort of your home
- Supportive work environment to ensure success
- Taking in-bound calls and answering questions with the appropriate pre-scripted responses which must be read verbatim to provide basic, general, and claims-specific information
- Performing outbound calls to verify the authenticity of received documents
- Utilize standard technology such as computer, telephone, email, and web browser to complete work tasks
- Complete basic data entry in computer terminal related to phone inquiries such as clicking buttons to confirm answers
- Refer escalated calls as needed to supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least six (6) months of customer service required; call center experience preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have lived in the United States for 3 out of the past 5 years
- Must have a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Clearance
- Must be empathetic in your ability to deal with sensitive topics and information
- Ability to speak and read English clearly and professionally
- Ability to pass a federal background check
Home Office Requirements:
- Hardwired internet (ethernet) connection
- Internet speed of 25mbps or higher required (you can test this by going to www.speedtest.net)
- Private work area and adequate power source
- All equipment will be provided by Maximus (laptop and headset)
Education and Experience Requirements
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. With approximately 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Launch your career with Maximus through one of our dynamic customer service centers.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We are proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.