Customer Service Representative
- USA Only
Customer Service Representative Job
Location: Home Based, Home, United States
The Customer Service Representative is a member of the Customer Service team with the America’s Supply Chain organization. The position reports to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Exceeds customer expectations through proactive communication and relationship building.
- Collaborates with customers and various Bostik team members to ensure customer requirements are met with a focus on value added service, cost reduction and efficient work practices within individual area of responsibility and throughout the Supply Chain.
- Order fulfilment, complaint resolution, short term forecasting and customer support to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Practices safe work habits in accordance with OSHA and EPA guidelines and Bostik specific EHS expectations. In addition, completion of all Pure Safety Training.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customers, operations, sales, finance and logistics personnel.
- Provides customer service excellence to customers and prospects by processing requests for product, price, invoice adjustments, product literature and other sales support activities.
- Proactively contacts customers to ensure business is stable and customer expectations are met.
- Coordinates customer complaint resolution and return activity, with an emphasis on permanent resolution.
- Applies problem solving skills to improve forecast accuracy, reduce inventory and related costs (ie: sleeping inventory, SKI reduction, S & OP implementation, etc.)
- Provides customer master updates to the systems team.
- Initiates and maintains customer projects/programs (ie: new product launches, forecasting programs, EDI, customer portals, etc.).
- Supports Bostik management system requirements, focusing on continuous process improvements.
- Supports customer and plant visits (internal/external). Some travel may be involved (1-2 trips per year).
Context and Environment
- A fast paced, high pressure environment where accuracy and responsiveness are essential. Simultaneous competing priorities require effective and efficient work methods to be successful.
- Cross functional, matrix organization that values personal commitment to safety and effective adaptation of individual work style to leverage diverse cultures, aptitudes and methods of operating.
- Both 1:1 collaboration and project team environment where timely follow through with stakeholders and meeting personal commitments are important to obtain optimum results.
- Heavy use of computer software, both PC based and enterprise system, combined with frequent interpersonal communication.
- Person can work remotely full-time.
- Exceed customer expectations through proactive communication, determining unmet needs and providing uninterrupted service.
- High performance collaboration with all stakeholders.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working in customer service, inside sales or production planning. Ideally, the candidate comes from a manufacturing background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A second language is valued.
- Demonstrated competency in planning, time management, project management, analytics, problem solving and goal setting.
- Organizational skills and a high aptitude of accuracy, particularly in data entry, is essential.
- Self-motivated, with a high work ethic.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MRP/ERP systems. SAP knowledge is a big plus.
A career with Bostik offers a collaborative work environment and supportive development to reach your career goals, with benefits starting day one as part of our competitive total rewards strategy. Bostik, an Arkema company, is a leading global adhesive specialist in construction, consumer and industrial markets. For more than a century, it has been developing innovative adhesive solutions that are smarter and more adaptive to the forces that shape daily lives. From cradle to grave, from home to office, Bostik’s smart adhesives can be found everywhere. With annual sales of €2 billion, the company employees 6,000 people and has a presence in more than 50 countries. www.bostik.com. The diversity of our employees is an asset we value and commit to from recruitment through career management. Bostik is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications