Customer Service Associate
- USA Only
- 5 applicants (14%)
Customer Service Associate (Hammock Concierge)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Yellow Leaf is a home and outdoor lifestyle brand, centered around relaxation and driven by positive impact.
Through global sales of ridiculously comfy hammocks, the mission of Yellow Leaf is to spread blissful relaxation worldwide and empower artisans at the base of the pyramid to permanently rise above poverty.
We are a Best for the World B Corporation, one of Oprah’s “Favorite Things,” Kiva’s first microfinance partner in Thailand and the Official Hammocks of the new Virgin Voyages cruise line.
We bootstrapped our social enterprise for several years until appearing on ABC’s Shark Tank in 2020, where we accepted an investment from KIND Snacks founder Daniel Lubetzky. Since then, we’ve pivoted to DTC, scaled our impact to employ over 300 artisan weavers, and begun introducing innovative new relaxation solutions.
ROLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (HAMMOCK CONCIERGE)
This is an exciting time for us – we are scaling the Yellow Leaf brand (and our positive impact) and have several new developments in the pipeline! The Hammock Concierge Associate is a new role within Yellow Leaf and we’re looking for an eager candidate who is excited to join a high-growth brand and social enterprise.
Yellow Leaf is a start-up environment, so you will get to wear many hats and participate actively in forging company systems, culture and legacy. While this role initially calls for a generalist with deep focus on customer success, you will have the opportunity to build your own leadership path as we grow.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Oversee Yellow Leaf’s “Hammock Concierge” (i.e., customer service dept.)
- Help to build our Hammock Concierge customer service department with best-in-class standards for the consumer
- Act as the voice of Yellow Leaf Hammocks on the front lines, ensuring that we deliver joyful experiences, swift answers and positive relationships with customers via social media, phone calls, emails, live chats and text messages
- Be responsible for the customer experience from start to finish, for both e-commerce and B2B (wholesale, trade, etc.)
- Become an expert on hammocks – develop a deep understanding of our products to be able to answer any question and solve any problem
- Use customer insights to make recommendations to senior leadership that will increase brand loyalty and improve the customer experience
- Advocate for the customer in cross-functional team meetings
- Assist customers with order placement, changes, cancellations, returns, billing questions and resolve customer concerns
- Build and maintain relationships with repeat customers, fans of the brand, influencers, and others
- Delight customers: apply good judgement on a case-by-case basis, expedite resolutions, and follow up to ensure satisfaction
Support the Marketing, Operations and Logistics side of the business
- Perform administrative and tactical support for the global operations team to support the company objectives and goals
- Serve as a link between our customers and marketing, production, shipping, and fulfillment teams
- Ensure a positive delivery experience for e-commerce and B2B customers
- Step in to manage conversation on social channels (hybrid marketing-customer service function)
Work directly with our CEO on Special Projects to support growth
- Work directly with the founders to grow the company, with a focus on building and streamlining systems, documenting standard operating procedures (building out company playbooks/checklists), and keeping “the trains running” as we scale
- Liaise with cross-functional teams — Sales, Product Development and Marketing — on key projects and initiatives
- Monitor KPIs, analyze progress and continually improve on results
- Try new things! Get creative, think smart, take risks and feed off the energy of our positive impact!
- 2-5 years experience, preferably in the field(s) of customer service, operations, project management and/or marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with post-purchase experiences, including order tracking, order processing, returns, and cancellation process
- Incredible communication skills – clarity, timeliness and follow-through
- A pro-active and solution-oriented mindset; a knack for problem solving
- Energy and enthusiasm for a cross-functional role
- Creative copywriting/business writing skills
- Flexibility to connect with international partners outside regular business hours (on occasion)
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing objectives
- An avid interest in the consumer/e-commerce space and a dedicated enjoyment of the hidden “nuts and bolts” that make a brand function seamlessly
- Excited to make an immediate and lasting impact at an early stage, fast growing brand
- Action-oriented with a focus on getting projects to the finish line
- Confident in your critical thinking skills and decision-making capabilities
- Organized and detail-oriented (able to see the bigger picture while executing at the tactical level)
- Able to find the balance between getting something “perfect” and getting it “done”
- A flexible team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Curious, creative, empathetic and open-minded
- A person who operates with integrity, kindness and transparency
- A strong negotiator, willing to stand up for the best interests of our stakeholders
- Dedicated to spending your time on earth towards creating positive change
- Experience with Shopify backend, inventory management and e-commerce software
- Experience with Gorgias or other customer service platform
- Experience with graphic design software (Adobe, Figma, etc.)
- A passion for hammocks and positive impact!
WHAT YELLOW LEAF OFFERS
- An opportunity to join a fresh, thriving social enterprise – build a brand and make an impact!
- Autonomy, growth, and leadership opportunities
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent health insurance including dental, vision, chiropractic & acupuncture
- Flexible PTO (we believe doing awesome work is just one part of a fulfilling life)
- Constant supply of ridiculously comfy hammocks
- As COVID permits, destination company retreats, outings and incredible trips to our weaving communities in Thailand
WHO WE ARE
Yellow Leaf creates blissful relaxation for our customers and a path out of poverty for our makers. We entered the market with a line of hammocks technically engineered for comfort and are expanding our product line to create relaxation solutions for everyday living. Each Yellow Leaf purchase empowers mothers & families to permanently escape the cycle of poverty, achieve economic stability and build the foundation for a brighter future.
Yellow Leaf Hammocks earned national renown after appearing on the season finale of ABC’s television series, Shark Tank, where they secured a $1M investment from KIND founder and billionaire social entrepreneur Daniel Lubetzkey.
Yellow Leaf is also a certified Best for the World B Corporation, an international microfinance partner of Kiva.org, one of Oprah Winfrey’s legendary “Favorite Things,” and a premier partner of Richard Branson’s “Virgin Voyages” Cruise Line.
Yellow Leaf recently launched a game-changing new piece of furniture called The Hammock Throne. This is the first step in our expansive vision to build a global home & outdoor brand that is centered on relaxation and driven by positive impact.
It’s a very exciting time to be changing the world from the comfort of a hammock!
EEO Statement: Yellow Leaf is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. We believe a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds and perspectives helps us better serve the needs of our customers. All employment is decided at-will.