Customer Service Advocate, Commercial Auto
- USA Only
- 13 applicants (26%)
Customer Service Advocate, Commercial Auto
at Pie Insurance
Pie’s mission is to empower small businesses to thrive by making commercial insurance affordable and as easy as pie. We leverage technology to transform how small businesses buy and experience commercial insurance.
Like our small business customers, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs who are driven by core values and operating principles that guide every decision we make.
The Customer Service Advocate is a key role for the Pie Commercial Auto team. This is a mid-level Customer Service team member who focuses on elevated customer issues and resolves concerns and requests from Commercial Auto customers and partners. Through a thorough understanding of Pie’s principal business offerings, the Customer Service Advocate assists the team in resolving concerns and develops opportunities to avoid concerns in the future. You will work across teams and collaborate with stakeholders and team members. This position will have daily contact with customers and agents to assist with questions and any high-volume transaction requests regarding a customer’s policy. Providing an excellent customer/agent experience in an easy and fast way.
How You’ll Do It
- Provide responsive, timely, and relevant service to customers and partners
- Handles advanced and elevated phone, email, and platform-based communication with customers and cross-functional partners to provide excellent customer service
- Maintains SLAs set by the Customer Service team in a consistent and efficient manner
- Works as a team member to handle:
- Email requests
- Policy issuance
- Agency or Customer questions
- Billing-related needs or questions
- Mailing of documents
- Follow-Up Communication
- Model the behaviors and strategies necessary to successfully interact with and resolve complex issues for small business owners and partners in all channels
- Applies Commercial Auto training and knowledge to policy, billing and agency questions, concerns, and production
- Build relationships with partners and internal teams to provide consistent, excellent communication with customers
- Seek resolutions to issues while also anticipating ways in which to prevent future issues
- Voices the customer’s needs and advocates for the customer and their perspective
- Participate in ongoing training and onboarding for personal and peer growth
- Support the onboarding and training of Pie’s newest hires and teams, including process training, feedback, and building out resource and training material
The Right Stuff
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Associate degree, trade or technical school certificates, or bachelor’s degrees are preferred
- 1+ years of customer service, administrative, or sales experience is required
- 1+ years in a high-volume customer contact environment is preferred
- 8+ months working in Pie’s systems and processes is highly preferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to develop sound processes and workflows
- Proficient communication skills to build strong and lasting relationships
- Knowledgeable about work products and can complete requests with advanced speed, accuracy, and consistency – reducing hand-offs wherever possible
- Ability to navigate and solve issues within all of Pie’s platforms
- Ability to handle stress well and remains flexible to change
- Ability to take phone calls and answer emails for up to 8 hours a day
- Has the ability to think ahead and identify obstacles that may be hidden
- Ability to receive and immediately apply coaching and feedback
- To be eligible for consideration, internal team members may not be receiving performance coaching or have been placed on a final warning in the past 6 months
- Quality of Experience
- Has mastery of active listening skills and asks insightful probing questions to understand the needs of our customers and partners
- Uses advanced communication skills to discover and offer tailored self-service options for the customer
- Show genuine empathy by reading cues and adapting to the unique needs of each request and interaction
- Efficiency + Preparedness
- Meets the needs of customers and partners at a higher level of speed, accuracy, and consistency – reducing hand-offs to create a strong customer experience.
- Uses available tools and resources at an advanced level and de-escalates and resolves more complex customer concerns
- Shares, and often drives, ideas for process (or organizational) improvement, which makes our work more efficient
- People Connection
- Builds strong, personal, and engaging relationships with customers, partners, and internal business peers
- Positively embraces and influences change within Commercial Auto
- Frequently identifies ways to make our team and organization stronger
- Uses and shares tools and resources (with peers) to stay up to date on updates, process changes, and other information relevant to the role
Compensation range for position: $22.00 – $28.50 per hour
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote.* Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please clickherehereandherefor more information.
Pie Insurance Announces $315 Million Series D Round of Funding
Built In honors Pie in its 2023 Best Places to Work Awards
Pie Insurance Named a Leading Place to Work in Colorado
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor