Customer Experience Specialist - Chat
- USA Only
Title: Customer Experience Specialist – Chat
- Location: Remote
About the Role:
We’re seeking an experienced customer service professional to join our team as a Chat Customer Service Specialist. Your primary duties will put you on the frontlines, helping RealSelf customers in real-time, answering questions about doctors and procedures, booking appointments, and using the website. You will also help consumers schedule appointments by following up with them by phone. This role ensures that every customer gets personalized attention to help them make smarter, informed decisions about cosmetic treatments.
In this role you will:
- Directly engage with customers via web chat, email, and phones
- Assist the customer operations team with phone calls/booked appointments, answering support tickets and managing user-generated content
- Maintain empathy for the customer experience, providing guidance to ensure they have an easy, personal and trusted experience on RealSelf
- Meet and exceed personal and team metrics for response times, conversion, satisfaction, volume, and more
- Tag/code all incoming support tickets to track trends and areas of opportunity
- Summarize and escalate issues to operations manager
- Troubleshoot and report bugs
- Stay up-to-date with modern beauty, treatments, conditions and healthcare trends
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This role requires an individual who loves to help people and solve problems. Customers on our site are taking a highly personal journey to improve how they look and feel. You’re the person at RealSelf who will help them navigate this world without judgment.
This unique role allows you to be a customer operations generalist, with the ability to fill the shoes of any role on the team. In addition to talking to customers, you will be empowered to book appointments, publish content and answer support tickets — all with the goal of making RealSelf an easy, personal and trusted resource for consumers.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in customer service for a startup or technology company, or a demonstrated ability working with customers in other sensitive areas like healthcare or finance. The successful candidate will also be able to work collaboratively within the operations team and across the company.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 2+ years in a customer-facing service position
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills — you will be corresponding with customers all day, every day, in real-time.
- The ability to retain information and pivot quickly when processes change
- A big picture understanding of the role customers play in the business
- Methodical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong ethic of teamwork and collaboration
- Discretion around sensitive content on the site (e.g. nudity, medical conditions)
- Empathy for all people, but especially those who are emotionally or psychologically vulnerable
- Experience with Zendesk, SnapEngage or similar customer service tools
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
This fully remote role is open to candidates in most states. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted.
We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. With COVID-19 we have become a more remote and distributed workforce that understands the value of internal connections and collaboration across all teams.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.