Customer Care Supervisor - Dental and Vision
- USA Only
Customer Care Supervisor- Dental and Vision
Location: Remote, US
The Customer Care Supervisor assists Customer Care Leadership with daily operations. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that calls are handled within guidelines, providing floor and escalation support, coaching for performance improvement and assisting with call quality and training.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and Supervise the daily activities of a team of 10 to 12 CSR’s.
- Create a positive and inspiring work environment for customer care staff through motivation and continual team development.
- Maintain continuous focus on call center productivity through monitoring standards, metrics, performance criteria, policies and procedures.
- Research and respond to all escalated inquiries with a strong sense of urgency.
- Audit phone calls and provide coaching to ensure adherence to KPI’s and standards.
- Monitor Wallboards consistently to ensure that calls are handled according to set metrics.
- Coach CSR’s in real time through performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Analyze CSR metrics to develop individual performance action plans.
- Manage agent’s performance, time management, attendance, and policy compliance.
- Interview, evaluate, coach, and reward CSR’s.
- Consistently monitor team to proactively identify potential problems and implement resolutions.
- Coordinate and/or deliver training to call center personnel as needed.
- Assist in handling call volume as necessary.
- Analyze results and trends to develop plans to improve team performance.
- Lead a team in identifying new process improvements driving productivity and service.
- Develop relationships with the supporting business units to help resolve issues related to team members.
- Perform various additional tasks as required by Customer Care Leadership.
Leader – Education & Experience
- Qualification Level Education Degree Specification
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration or related field
Qualification Level Experience
- Minimum Required 4 years of job related work experience
- Minimum Required 3 years in a leadership/senior/supervisory capacity in a diverse work environment
- Minimum Required 2 years’ work experience in customer services or customer service center environment Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Open flexibility with schedule
- Demonstrates strong understanding of dental/vision products.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills and professional demeanor.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Acting with Integrity – Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments
- Communicating Effectively – Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Pursuing Self-Development – Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities
- Serving Customers – Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations
- Supporting Change – Enthusiastically participates in new change initiatives and programs; focuses on reasons why changes will work and how they will be beneficial
- Supporting Organizational Goals – Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the company’s goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals
- Working with Diverse Populations – Shows respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds
- Acting as a Champion for Change – Challenges the status quo; encourages people to question existing methods, practices, and assumptions; supports people in their efforts to try new things
- Demonstrating Initiative – Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked
- Developing Talent – Invests time and resources into building the capabilities of team members; helps people define career goals and establish development plans to achieve them; gives people constructive, developmental feedback and advice
- Managing Performance – Clearly defines and communicates roles and responsibilities; holds people accountable for accomplishing objectives; recognizes and rewards people who achieve results and deliver on performance expectations; provides effective feedback on performance
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual or in-person)