Customer Booking Specialist
- USA Only
- 4 applicants (9%)
Title: Customer Booking Specialist
We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction.
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers ) in over 40 of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er – g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer service, great communication skills, and a drive to meet quotas. As a Customer Bookings Specialist, you will serve as a brand ambassador and build relationships with clients to find the best possible solutions for their construction needs. You will be responsible for managing up to 450 individual customers per month and providing exceptional customer service while exceeding client expectations.
- Serve customers by properly understanding their construction needs and finding the best time to meet their goals.
- Reach out to existing leads and gather information about their construction needs, preferences, and budget.
- Work with the Sales team define information requirements and provide feedback.
- Diligently record all necessary information in our internal systems to document outreach, bookings, and client feedback.
- Create outreach strategies to prioritize client experience and exceed their expectations of our service.
- Be a team player and constantly look for ways to share resources and assist others in your team.
- Look for ways to improve current processes and challenge the status quo with new ways of strategizing efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in Customer service
- Great communication skills
- Meeting quotas
- Prospecting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationship skills
- Documentation skills
Nice to have
- Sales, prospecting, customer service, event planning or marketing background.
- Basic understanding of the Podcast Industry
- Familiarity with Google Workspace software and Data management systems (CRMs, Databases, ERPs)
- Formal education on sales or marketing.
- English Proficiency, written and spoken (90%)
- Remote Work Experience
Good Laptop setup with Chrome browser
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Minimum processor:
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
- Core i3 8000 Series (8th Gen) or higher
- Pentium N5000 series (Quad-core variant) or higher
- Celeron J5000 series or higher (quad-core variant)
- For AMD variants of CPUs:
- Ryzen 3, 3rd generation or higher
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
Stable high-speed internet connection
- At least 5mbps upload and 20 Mbps download with ethernet connection
- With a noise cancelling microphone
- 250-300W UPS and willingness to relocate if necessary
- Ability to access up to 1.5GB of data per day during storm outages
Monthly salary $865 USD
- Your final month compensation will be calculated hourly.
- You’ll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional important information
- This is a 100% remote position , for people located in the countries listed here.
- This position is full-time with expectations of at least 40 hours per week.
- Availability Monday through Sunday (Working 5 days per week) between 6:00am – 10:00pm CST.
- Training period of 2 weeks including: 1-1 sessions, constant mentoring, teamwork, practical use and understanding of our technical tools, and live exercises to develop abilities.
- You are going to be able to do a full immersion in the day-to-day job, enjoy our amazing company culture, make great friends, and learn a lot!
- We are completely convinced that this period gives you the opportunity to decide if the job and the company are your perfect match, and it also helps us to know you better.
Ergeon’s benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership. . .), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, PLUS 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff ( _ Ergeoneers_ ) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.