PUBLISHING – JAGEX PARTNERS
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260 million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever- evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
A Community Manager at Jagex will be the driving force, managing our outsourced Social and Community teams, to execute community-focused campaigns, designed to empower and engage our players across multiple communication touchpoints, from news posts to social media, and content creation.
They will represent our players’ collective voice to the wider Development and Publishing teams, and represent Jagex to our player base, aiming to grow and nurture online communities of diverse types of players.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Function as the champion of the player, representing and communicating for the studio to our players, and for the players to our studio’s
- Own the creation, development, and management of compelling in-game and real-world campaigns; utilising cross-team collaboration, engagement strategies, and project management to connect staff, players, and communities
- Support and direct Publishing activity and initiatives, providing player-led insights to best inform comms and Marketing campaigns
- Manage and administrate our variety of player communities, as well as influencers and partners
- Act as a brand evangelist, maintaining a deep understanding of game content, and Publishing activities to promote them to our player communities
- Engage with the product team, taking an active role in steering development of game content based on player feedback – acting as a customer stakeholder in decisions
- Operate and manage Jagex’s community platforms including our titles forums and social media profiles
- Monitor and report on community sentiment and engagement, liaising with outsourced Community Management
- Schedule, manage and feature in broadcasted media including livestreams, videos, and podcasts
- Prior and relevant experience of community management or social media communications experience.
- Strong knowledge of games across genres and formats.
- Experience and practical knowledge of all major social media and video distribution platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience and practical knowledge of live streaming and written content creation.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen