Client Experience Associate
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (4%)
Title: Client Experience Associate
Location: Los Angeles, CA, Phoenix, AZ or Remote
At any given time, 15 million Americans are experiencing a crisis that requires urgent help from our legal system or government. The right assistance can transform their lives. But today, most never get it. Atticus is a startup on a mission to change that.
We’re reinventing a broken space: the $100 billion market for legal services for individuals. Through proprietary technology, a top-tier team, and a network of the nation’s best local law firms, we’ve taken a rare and exclusive commodity access to expert legal advice and referrals and made it free and available to everyone. To clients, we’re a source of trusted guidance and an easy way to find and hire a great lawyer. To lawyers, we’re a source of vetted clients and a way to build a practice they love while doing good. Today, most of our work involves helping disabled Americans qualify for government benefits. We also help victims of accidents, misconduct, and violence recover by getting compensation from insurance.
We’ve raised $28 million from top VC firms like Forerunner (Jet, Glossier, Warby Parker) and True Ventures (Peloton, Fitbit, Ring) and help more than 1,000 clients each month (see our 3,000+ five-star reviews). We’re small but moving fast our team has grown from 16 to 50 over the past year and we’re seeking great people to help in our mission.
Each day, hundreds of people seek our help getting disability benefits or insurance compensation. They’re intimidated by the process, unsure where to turn, and desperate for good advice.
As part of our Client Experience team, your job is to get them on the right path. You’ll spend each day communicating with clients to understand their situation, figure out whether we can help them, and advise them on next steps.
At Atticus, our service is totally free, and clients are desperate for our help so you’ll never have to talk down an angry customer or sell someone a service they don’t want. The interactions are deeply rewarding, and clients are profoundly grateful. But you will have to navigate conversations on deeply personal and sad topics, gently but quickly offer guidance, and handle many different interactions over the course of a day. You’ll become an expert on a complex and interesting field, learn to rapidly navigate our internal tech platforms and tools (Salesforce, Front, etc.), and help hundreds of ordinary people (each with a unique story) every week.
Please note: You don’t need any prior legal knowledge or experience to excel in this job.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a top four-year university with strong academic performance.
- You care about people and can interact with folks from all walks of life; you’re able to simultaneously be supportive to a person in crisis and quickly drive a conversation.
- You’re a quick learner and a competent writer, able to master complex new topics and platforms when given instruction and support.
- You have a strong work ethic and are capable of juggling multiple competing priorities.
- You’re fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or medically unable to get the vaccine).
Bonus / Nice-to-Have:
- You’ve previously worked at a fast-growing startup or particularly high-performing service/sales/support team from a company known for great customer service.
- You have completed a socially-focused, hands-on internship or have significant volunteer experience.
- You have experience using Salesforce and/or Front.
We are strongly committed to building a diverse team. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d love to meet you.
This is a rare opportunity to join a startup that has strong traction (substantial funding, well-respected backers, tremendous growth, and many happy customers) but is still small enough that you can have a huge impact and play a role in shaping our culture.
We’re a certified B Corporation tackling a critical social problem. Our mission to help people in need drives everything we do, and your work here will touch many lives.
We offer competitive pay including equity and generous benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance with 100% of employee premiums covered
- 15 vacation days & ~19 paid holidays each year (including two weeks at end-of-year)
- Free membership to OneMedical
- $1,000 reimbursable stipend for education and training outside of work
- Student loan repayment assistance, 401(k), and optional HSA
- Free snacks, drinks, weekly lunches, and regular team dinners/events/retreats
- Humble, thoughtful, smart, fun colleagues
Location & Covid
Today, about half our team are in Los Angeles or Phoenix (where we have offices) and half are fully remote and spread across the U.S. There are two options for this job:
- Live in Los Angeles, work a few days a week (or more) out of our beautiful office in the Arts District.
- Live wherever, work remotely, and travel to LA (on the company dime) as needed to be with your colleagues somewhere between monthly and quarterly.
In short: You can do this job well remotely, and we’re committed to empowering everyone with flexibility. But we care a lot about building a great culture and we think some interactions need to happen in person, so we put a lot of thought into retreats, offsites, and other ways to gather.
As for Covid: When the pandemic started, we immediately shifted to fully remote to protect our team and shuttered our office. Today, everyone on the team is vaccinated, and many come in often (though we don’t require it). Going forward, you can expect that vaccinations will be required for all employees (unless medically unable) and that if a variant emerges that makes in-person work unsafe for vaccinated people, we’ll close our office, cease any travel, and do whatever it takes to protect and support our team.