Associate Customer Experience Specialist
- USA Only
- 33 applicants
Associate Customer Experience Specialist
Remote, United States
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
The Customer Experience Team’s mission is to empower Calm’s community to lead happier, healthier lives through extending the Calm experience beyond the product. For our customers, we provide resources both proactively and reactively, while also advocating on their behalf to the wider company. For ourselves, we foster a nurturing and growth-minded environment, allowing us to reflect kindness and care back out into the world. We’re an award-winning team that takes a great deal of pride in using our work to contribute to Calm’s mission to make the world a happier and healthier place.
What You’ll Do:
Calm’s Customer Experience Department is looking for an Associate CX Specialist to help our members engage with our products through providing exceptional customer support, as well as handle escalated cases, contribute to documentation, and assist with process improvement projects. This team member will have a unique opportunity to provide support across all of Calm’s product offeringsincluding our direct-to-consumer app and Calm Businessand will quickly join a variety of queues including escalations and bugs. This team member will be expected to:
- Ensure each user’s support experience is of the highest possible quality through providing timely, personalized, efficient, and empathetic replies
- Confidently answer escalated customer inquiries or route them to the agent best equipped to respond
- Develop a deep understanding of Calm’s operating platforms, features, and available documentation
- Identify patterns in bug reports and feature requests and escalate appropriately
- Own the tickets and tasks assigned to you, and thoughtfully prioritize them based on the evolving needs of the team
- Write internal and external knowledge base articles as well as canned responses to common inquiries both proactively and as assigned
- Act as a point person for questions from other Calm teams regarding reported issues
Who You Are:
The ideal CXer for Calm loves making a difference through their work, brings a passion for meditation and mindfulness, and is always looking for ways to improve the user experience. They ideally have previous experience providing customer support for a tech company and enjoy helping users of varying levels of tech-savviness engage with technology. They are someone who
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a solutions-oriented approach
- Is able to turn a negative customer experience into a positive through effort and consideration
- Works autonomously and takes responsibility for completing assigned work through effective, data-driven prioritization
- Volunteers for tasks when they see a need, rather than waiting for them to be assigned
- Embodies a growth mindset by seeking ways to do things better, and asking for advice and feedback
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and logically to resolve customer issues
Nice to Haves:
- Experience supporting a subscription-based service with in-app purchases, and/or a client-facing service
- Experience troubleshooting product bugs or quality issues with customers and with development teams
- Other helpful tech: JIRA, Amplitude, Confluence, Asana, Stripe, Braintree a plus
- 2 years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of experience in customer support for a product or service that involves a software offering or platform
- 1+ years working with Zendesk or a similar ticketing platform
The anticipated salary range for this position is $52,500 – $73,500. The base salary range represents the low and high end of Calm’s salary range for this position. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidates skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.