A little about Uptech Studio
Uptech Studio helps our partners – mostly startups – build, launch, and refine their mobile and desktop apps. We work in squads that include product, UX, visual design, and developers to create mobile and desktop apps. We are actively looking for designers to join the company.
The company has great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, profit sharing, and much more) and places a high value on work/life balance. You can learn more at www.uptechstudio.com/careers.
What we look for in a Visual/Product Designer
- You love to design software. This isn't a marketing/ad agency, and we rarely are designing and building traditional websites. If you have those skills and experience... that's great, but that's not the bulk of the work you'll do.
- You love design systems , not just drawing individual screens.
- You can take a brand style guide and run with it to create a product design style guide.
- You create stunning user interfaces that developers can actually build. You know the UI conventions of iOS, Android, and web apps. You know that responsive design is a part of every design decision. You know that designing for usability and accessibility is part of the job.
- You sweat the details. Typography, color, visual hierarchy, spacing. You would rather design a system and a style guide than mock up every single screen. You always create styles & components in your design files so that you can easily mock up every screen if you really needed to. You know when that one special thing is needed to make a standout experience, and know how to intentionally and appropriately break your own rules.
- Experience. We currently need designers with enough experience to carry projects independently with minimal day-to-day oversight, so we are looking for people with at least a few years of real-world experience designing user interfaces.
- US-based. We are a US-based company and you must be eligible to work in the US.
If that doesn't exactly describe you but you have a background that might be a good fit – especially if you lean more towards UX, since we're also hiring for that – please get in touch!