- North America
Location: United States – Remote
BuildWitt is on a mission to build a better Dirt World by solving the biggest problems in the heavy civil construction, earthwork, and mining industries.
How you will get to help us do that in this role:
Capturing and editing construction project footage to tell the most authentic stories possible, to honor the infrastructure that is the foundation of our society, to celebrate the hard-working people that build it, and to inspire and attract a new generation of workers.
What you will get to do day-to-day:
- Assist as needed with pre-production logistical planning.
- Travel all over this beautiful country to visit some of the largest active heavy civil, earthwork, and mining project sites.
- Develop relationships with our partner companies who are leading and performing this work out in the field.
- Shoot video footage and record audio.
- Manage media files to prepare for editing.
- Perform post-production editing activities.
The skills you possess:
- Professional video camera equipment operation
- Audio recording/mic techniques
- Knowledge of lighting techniques
- Video and sound synchronization
- Video editing software and production fundamentals
You will have the best opportunity to succeed in this role if:
- You love to travel and can handle long hours of shooting 1-3 weeks per month.
- You can make yourself comfortable navigating rough terrain with a focus on safety.
- You’re easily able to build rapport with others while providing direction.
- You possess a sense of urgency to help drive production to completion between shoots.
- You have a desire to tell guerilla-style authentic stories that are not pre-conceived or scripted.
- You are inspired to serve a team and a mission.
- You are comfortable making decisions, solving problems, and taking initiative in response to unclear situations or unexpected changes.
- You are highly organized with information management (data, logistics, media files).
What’s in it for you:
- Dirty boots – see really cool massive earth-work, demolition, mining, and construction projects
- Work for a company that cares for, trusts, and empowers their people
- Remote work and flexible hours
- Competitive base salary
- 100% Healthcare paid for team members and 50% for their families
- Affordable Dental and Vision plans
- Open PTO – We encourage everyone to take a break whenever they need to
- 401K Match, with immediate vesting