Vice President Fund Finance
- USA Only
Vice President Fund Finance
- Remote, US.
The Vice President of Fund Finance is the most senior representative of the Fund Finance team and is responsible for overseeing fund administration, fund accounting and reporting, portfolio valuation, managing team related to existing and new investment products, and playing a key role on strategic cross functional projects. They will partner with company leaders to develop and implement the company’s capital formation strategy, and lead efforts to scale our ability to serve stakeholders, including Limited Partners, Managing Directors, General Partners, Techstars Management and Board, etc. This person will lay the foundation for Techstars fund finance systems, processes, and team to scale globally in the next several years. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Strategy: Build and maintain positive, productive relationships with company leaders and collaborate on cross-functional strategic initiatives.
- Contribute significantly to the development and implementation of the company’s capital formation and capital deployment strategy
- Lead efforts to scale our ability to provide best in class service to stakeholders, including LPs, MDs, GPs, etc.
- Advise on investment instruments
- Recognize opportunities and proactively take ownership of projects or elements of projects. Be accountable to peers and leadership for deliverables, impact, and project deadlines.
- Play a key role on cross functional projects by providing subject matter expertise
- Work closely with investor relations, product, legal and compliance, technology, and sales & marketing teams
Leading the Team / Function :
- Foster a culture of teamwork, growth, and continuous improvement
- Proven track record for successful team management
- Support team members learning and development objectives and ensure clear career paths
- Create clear expectations, including KPIs, and measurement cycles to support teams success
Fund Formation and Fundraising Support:
- Influence / drive key terms and fund structuring decisions for domestic and international structures; ability to think outside the box to develop and implement creative solutions
- Review and provide input on fund LPAs and offering memorandum
- Support fund management aspect of fundraising, focusing on process management, coordination of closings and legal reviews, and supporting legal negotiations
- Support ongoing fundraising by reviewing/responding to due diligence requests
- Understand LP expectations and lead team to meet or exceed expectations in all areas
Internal Processes & Controls: Ensure best in class control environment exists internally and externally at key vendors.
- Enhance and automate key processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Define, update and maintain operating policies and procedures as needed
- Develop a strong culture of data validation across the entire organization to ensure accuracy across all reporting
Oversee Various Business Operations of the Funds:
- Oversee capital call/distribution calculations, waterfall modeling, distributions, allocations, cash positions, reconciliations, cash reserves, and recycling
- Oversee budgeting and the tracking of profitability, including carried interest projections
- Oversee the preparation and review LP Advisory Committee presentations
- Monitor compliance with various Fund LPAs and Side Letters
Accounting, Reporting, & Audit at Large Scale and Growing:
Overseeing all fund accounting and financial reporting to investors, including capital activity, partner capital statements, valuation, annual audited financials, and tax deliverables.
- Oversee and facilitate quarterly valuations with Investments team
- Support team to design and implement accounting and reporting for new products
- Work with counsel/CCO to ensure general compliance with fund docs as well as regulatory filings and requirements such as Form ADV
- Vendor Selection & Management: Provide oversight of fund administrators and other service providers, such as bank, auditors, tax service providers, and custodians. Provide guidance and oversight on accounting, valuation, and other software selection and implementation.
- 15+ years of fund finance and accounting, fund administration or finance operations experience with a focus on venture capital and/or private equity
- Domestic and international fund experience
- Organized and detail-oriented with a strategic mind to shape the future
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Expert understanding of valuation methodologies specific to venture capital and application to complex capital structures
- Strong knowledge of key tax issues and principles relevant to venture capital partnerships
- Significant experience with complex fund legal structures and international funds
- Results oriented, deadline driven person who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance. CPA a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Committed to continuous process improvement
Compensation range:$160,000 – $175,000 + 10%