US Accounting Lead
- 7 applicants
Location: International,Anywhere; 100% Remote
About the US Accounting Lead
The US Accounting Lead reports to the CFO and works extensively with the Deputy CFO to oversee the financial matters related to the US entity IDInsight Inc. and to execute projects to support the implementation of the organization’s financial strategy. Key functions include oversight of the organization’s investment accounts and US banking management, coordination of the organization’s US GAAP audit and annual form 990, preparation of financial analysis in support of leadership and donors, and supporting due diligence, projects, and reporting as needed.
This role is ideal for an experienced accounting professional with an excellent understanding of US GAAP, good analytical and communication skills, lots of proactivity, and a desire to be part of a growing, dynamic and impactful organization.
This role has no direct reports but will coordinate input from various team members across functions and may have staff to work with them on specific projects.
The responsibilities below are representative. Projects may change seasonally and over time.
Responsibilities (total to 50%)
Audit Coordination and US GAAP Accounting leadership (20-35%)
- Research, implement, and monitor the correct use of US Generally accepted accounting principles in the development of IDinsight’s financial statements.
- Draft consolidated financial statements and notes
- Coordinate the audit of IDinsight’s consolidated financial statements, ensuring that the audit is completely smoothly and on time, including:
- Working with the accounting, FP&A, operations, and other teams to coordinate, review, and submit audit deliverables.
- Coordinate with the accounting and compliance team to complete local statutory audits and ensure they are available to inform the consolidated audit.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and complete analysis during the year to ensure that accounting books are timely, accurate, and complete on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Work together with accounting and compliance teams to support local regulatory audits and implementation of new guidance.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and processes; develop process documentation and communicate new processes effectively to other teams in the organization.
*US Financial Governance & Operational oversight (10-20%) *
- Oversee preparation of IRS Form 990, working with the external accounting firm, internal finance team, and teammates across other functions. Implement an ongoing process to capture this information and document it.
- Support internal US-based teams, including the Philanthropic engagement team, with financial support for donor financial information, explanations, and due diligence.
- Partner with the fundraising, finance, and legal teams on US registration and statutory requirements as they arise.
- Act as the point of contact for Finance in the US for our external partners and stakeholders
- Select a global mobility vendor and recommend and implement a policy on global mobility. Coordinate the required research on tax and financial impacts of global mobility questions.
- Research financial vendors and lead the procurement process on new engagements, particularly those for US-based services.
- Support the payroll team on tax-related research and compliance as needed.
US Treasury and banking (5-10%)
- Oversee and administer the US banking relationships of the organization, including the Vanguard investment accounts and the Bank of America operational and savings accounts, including minimizing fees and managing investments according to the organization’s investment policy.
- Work with IDinsight’s bank to ensure we have appropriate products in place to manage our banking requirements and liquidity.
- Oversee global cash forecasting, collaborating with regional teams and creating necessary reporting to monitor all aspects of cash, including correct allocation among IDinsight’s’ locations.
- Prepare the organization’s FBAR submission to the US treasury.
- Identify FX risk and propose appropriate mitigations.
Other financial projects and processes (5-15%)
- Support development, review, and monitoring of internal controls for various processes.
- Support the monitoring and improvement of finance customer service to our internal customers.
- Coordinate across all finance functions and with other global support functions and regions on projects and processes that span across the organization.
- Provide mentorship to other team members, including helping teammates understand and correctly apply US GAAP principles.
- Minimum of years of work experience in finance and accounting
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree and US CPA designation
- Previous experience with US 501c3 support and form 990 is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a project-based client service environment is highly desirable.
- Skills and attributes:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated success at building effective processes
- Highly organized
- Organized and able to work independently
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and is excited by opportunities to explore and implement new ideas as our organization grows and changes
- Proactive attitude with a bias to action
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams located across many countries