Technical Accounting Manager
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Compensation : Starting at $100K per year
Full-Time: 40h/ week
Reports To: Head of Sales and Onboarding
Read this before you apply: Just a reminder…. This is a remote position. You must have the discipline, maturity, and emotional intelligence to work remotely in this environment.
This is an interesting job if:
You LOVE the fields of accounting and finance and enjoy working in a fast- paced, high growth and completely remote organization.
You enjoy working with high-growth startups and small businesses, and being a trusted advisor to them on the accounting and finance side to help them succeed and change the world.
You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and able to support your findings and recommendations with clear arguments and persuasive, fact-based analysis.
You are a Process Person, and enjoy building, documenting, and executing the implementation of sustainable processes for Clients and your team internally, to create efficiency in Client delivery and Team Operations.
You are very detail-oriented and a quality enthusiast. You go the extra mile to make sure your work and others’ work is done with the highest quality standard.
You’re not afraid of technology, learning new things, or new ways of doing business. You are proactive in anticipating and resolving questions and challenges. You are continually learning new skills.
You enjoy and are motivated to support the continuous training and development of team members around you. You will be most successful in this position if you enjoy sharing knowledge with others and participating in and leading training sessions to help your colleagues grow and develop in their technical and professional knowledge.
You take ownership, initiative, and pride in your work.
– Onboard: Meet with up to 10 new (to Kruze) Clients per month, who are Onboarding their accounting at Kruze and transition them to the Monthly Recurring Team. This involves managing systems implementation, process improvements, and cleaning/standardizing up accounting procedures based on US GAAP accounting standards.
– Work with the Sales/Onboarding team to ensure client transitions smoothly to their Account Manager.
– Assign tasks to the State and Local Tax team to execute on necessary filings.
– Attend all required Company-wide meetings and team meetings
– Provide weekly updates to the onboarding team regarding status/ goals/ delays/ roadblocks.
– Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in Accounting or Finance is required.
– 7-10+ years of relative experience.
– Working with multiple clients at a current or previous CPA Firm is strongly preferred.
– A CPA License or working towards obtaining as much, is preferred.
– Microsoft Office proficiency.
– Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must.
– Strong priority management skills.
– Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format.
– Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendations.
– Knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information.
– Ability to prepare statistical reports and analyze financial reports.
Experience with the following a plus:
– General Ledger: QuickBooks Online, Netsuite
– Expense Management: Expensify, Abacus, Brex, Ramp
– : Error! Hyperlink reference not valid., Routable, Airbase
– Payroll : Gusto, Rippling, Trinet, Justworks
– Revenue : Stripe, Paypal, Chargebee, Amazon, Apple, Google Play, SaaSOptics
– Ecommerce/Inventory : Shopify, Zoho
Working knowledge of GAAP:
– SaaS Accounting
– Prepaid Expenses & Accrued Revenue
– ASC 605/606: Revenue Recognition
– ASC 985-605: Software Revenue Recognition
– ASC 805: Business Combinations
– ASC 718: Stock-Based Compensation
Working knowledge of the annual tax filing process:
– Annual Federal Form 1120
– Annual State CA Form 100
– International Form 5471
– Depreciation and Amortization (MACRS) and requisite schedules
– W9/1099 and W8/1042 implementation and execution
Management Skills & About This Job:
– Comfortable in the startup environment (read: Clients often come to us lacking structure, it will be your job to clean up past workpapers, improper accounting, and build better processes for them going forward).
– Settings expectations on Budget, Scope & Deadlines with both internal and external teams.
– Maintaining organization and composure with varied activities and multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
– Work within established standards and guidelines as defined in the Kruze process and templates.
– Expertise-based problem solving when issues arise.
– Authoritative, quick decision-making within a defined span of control based on accepted quality standards, policies, and procedures.
– Delegation is frequently required and close follow-up is essential.
– Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established criteria are necessary for successful job performance.
– While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality is never compromised.
– The work requires specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems and technology, and the demonstration of the values of integrity, quality, and caution.
– New ideas and concepts are also important but will be carefully analyzed and tested before communication and adoption.
– The position encompasses a defined span of control and opportunity for someone who engenders trust, demonstrates a sense of urgency, and assures consistent achievement of quality standards.
– The work requires making decisions that support company guidelines authoritatively and quickly.
About the Firm:
Kruze Consulting is a rapidly growing startup that provides Startup Accounting & CFO Consulting services to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and New York. The firm has 650+ Seed, Series A, Series B, and Series C clients. The firm was started 9 years ago, by Vanessa Kruze, CPA and now has 125+ team members. The firm handles all Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources, and Tax issues for its clients. Kruze utilizes best-of-breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Gusto, Justworks, Rippling, Expensify, Error! Hyperlink reference not valid., Zoom, Slack, and Brex. The client base is venture capital-backed startups and recent graduates from YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and Techstars.
We offer competitive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401k, FSA , PTO (15 days), Sick Time Off (9 days), Company Holidays (9 days), New Client Origination Bonus of 2.5% of first-year client revenue.
Location : US Locations Only