- USA Only
- REMOTE (US ONLY)
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and talented individual to join our team as Tax Manager. This is an integral position within the Accounting and Finance function with highly important cross-functional collaboration. This role will have the opportunity to develop and build our tax processes and controls. If you are excited about the opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization built on strong core values, this role may be right for you!
Inflection and its product GoodHire are recognized leaders in employment screening and rated #1 by G2. Our high standards for better background checks have won the trust of more than 80,000 employers, large and small. Driven to exceed customer expectations, we’ve set the bar high for speed and accuracy with fast turnaround times and low dispute rates. Customers love our platform’s intuitive workflows, built-in compliance tools, and user-friendly candidate experience. Plus, our unique blend of Silicon Valley tech and Heartland service provides a delightful experience for both employers and candidates. Since 2006, Inflection has built the tools needed to facilitate trust and safety in online/offline interactions, workplaces, and communities by collecting, organizing, and providing access to digital people data. Through our work, we’re helping the Internet realize its amazing potential of bringing people together.
- Oversee the process of filing timely and accurate local, state, and federal returns including sales tax, income tax, and others compliance reporting as needed.
- Prepare all foreign jurisdiction VAT and similar taxation filings and recoveries.
- Develop and implement tax-related policies and procedures to ensure accurate collection and retention of records related to tax and compliance.
- Interaction with customers and other departments including sales and customer service may be required.
- Provide research and guidance on tax issues and strategies to ensure compliance with laws and regulations at the federal, state and local levels.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process to ensure accurate financial reporting of tax-related accounts.
- Support the annual financial audit by completing the tax provision and providing necessary schedules, documentation, and financial statement disclosures.
- Evaluate changing tax regulations and ensure the company stays in compliance.
- Also suggest new opportunities to diminish the company’s tax burden.
- Establish partnerships between business operations, business development and engineering to better support organizational goals.
- Discuss tax matters and resolve audit issues with outside auditors, the IRS, state, and international tax authorities.
- Conduct extensive communication with leadership across business functions.
- Monitor legislative changes in domestic and foreign tax laws that may impact tax positions, including tax accounting implications.
- Special projects and analysis as assigned.
- 5-7 years of related experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and multinational corporate environment
- Ability to plainly explain complex tax issues with Senior Management and other team members
- Strong ASC 740/financial reporting skills required
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience working with QuickBooks, NetSuite and fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting or Tax; Master’s Degree in Business Taxation is preferred
- CPA preferred
INFLECTION BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Innovative, high growth products that customers love
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- High energy team with a mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Learning and Development funds to enhance and learn new skills
- Diversity and Inclusion program
- 3 paid days per year to volunteer with nonprofit organizations of your choosing
- Ability to dress casually and work from the comfort of your home
YOU BELIEVE WORK IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST THE BOTTOM LINE:
We don’t want to just be good at what we do; we want to be good for the world. We’ve met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We care about all stakeholders, including customers, employees, and the community.