Strategic Finance Associate
- USA Only
Strategic Finance Associate
- FINANCE – FINANCE
- FULL TIME- EXEMPT
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We’re looking for a driven and well-rounded Strategic Finance Associate to join our Finance team at Lambda School to help us build and enhance our financial strategy and manage KPI reporting to deliver key insights to leadership. Not only will you help define financial planning for a rapidly growing and exciting business, but you will help build the foundation for a new kind of company. This is no ordinary finance team and no ordinary company: we aim to upend the traditional model of the way people are trained for the professional workforce. With the Income Sharing Agreement (ISA) financing model, we have unlocked the potential for people to seek a better life without the worry of student debt. We invest in our students to create a truly aligned education model where our student’s success is directly tied to our company’s success. This role will undoubtedly help to shape a new industry, and we are looking for the right candidate ready to make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, build, and enhance the financial strategy of an innovative company at the forefront of a new asset class
- Work with senior leadership on creating metrics to measure growth initiatives that align corporate strategy, business KPIs, and an optimized capital structure
- Review of financial results against plan, enhance and proactively identify performance indicators that drive accurate decision making for company management
- Work with senior leadership on capital markets financings for ISAs: deal structuring, modeling, pricing, IRR, and analysis for investors
- Financial analysis, forecasting, modeling projects, marketplace pricing optimization, fundraising strategy, and ad-hoc data analysis
- BOD, investor, and senior leadership reporting, cross-functional initiatives
- Become an expert in our markets and the nascent ISA space, identify key corporate growth opportunities (organic and inorganic)
What you’ll have:
- 2+ years of experience in strategic finance, FP&A, investment banking, management consulting, public accounting, or similar field ideally in a start up environment
- Experience using financial metrics, key business performance indicators, and financial modeling fundamentals
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with database/SQL/BI tools, Powerpoint/Keynote
- Experience driving cross functional projects to completion and within tight deadlines
- Experience building creative solutions to help the business to thrive
- Passionate and aligned with Lambda School’s mission and values
- Positive contributor to the work environment and an advocate for bringing equity and inclusion to the team and Lambda School