Pilot (YC W17) is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our remote team on a mission to create a more open worldwide job market. For this role, we are looking for someone available to help us with accounting for our entity in the US and others globally.
A bit about who we are
Pilot helps companies to handle payroll, benefits, and compliance for their remote teams. We believe that your opportunities in life shouldn’t be dictated by where you’re from or where you happen to live, and we’re helping our customers live by that too. We’re backed by Sam Altman, Y Combinator, Credo Ventures, Automattic, Kyle Vogt, and many other amazing investors.
What you will be working on
- You will be supporting day-to-day and month-end accounting activities.
- Manage all accounts, maintain documentation, and accounts reconciliation
- Ensure accuracy of company's ledgers
- Prepare imports and record transactions in XERO
- Verify payments in Stripe for our customers
- Process payrolls for internal team members
- Manage accounting side of benefits
- Assist in creating policies and preparing reports
- Partner with each team to manage business subscriptions and expenses
- Identify opportunities to centralize, eliminate, or automate activities
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 2-3 years of accounting/ finance experience working for the US-based company
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes and proactively learning
- Good knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage deadlines
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail (a flair for spotting numerical mistakes)
- Proficient in English with good written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge in Excel and Word
- Work hours (available for 3 hours overlap with CET time zone). (However, we may require longer overlap during the first 3 months).
We’d especially like to work with you if
- You have experience working remotely and in a fast-growing environment
- You have experience with XERO
- You’ve had a chance to work in a distributed team with people from around the globe
- You have worked at a rapidly growing company/especially a tech startup
- Annual salary from $41,000 to $61,200 and up to 0.0125% of equity.
- Unlimited vacation/holiday policy
- Health Insurance
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- We try to hold most of our team meetings between 6 am–9 am PST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.