- USA Only
Location: US – Remote
We give you a world of potential
Computershare has an amazing opportunity to join our Financial Services team that supports our Computershare Loan Servicing (CLS) arm of the business as a Staff Accountant.This role is 100% virtual.
As a leading third-party mortgage service provider, we provide support to millions of borrowers through their homeownership journey and we are looking for someone to provide organizational leadership through subject matter expertise; coordinate interaction with other departments and third parties contributing to CLS objectives; and play a proactive role as controller, business partner, and change agent.
If you are an experienced Staff Accountant looking for your next role then look no further!
A role you will love
As a Staff Accountant some of your responsibilities include performing basic accounting, reporting, reconciliation, and control functions with accuracy and timeliness; supporting Accounting interaction with other departments and third parties contributing to CLS objectives; and playing proactive role as controller, business partner, and change agent. Working hours are generally heavier during the five business days surrounding the month-end close.
- Perform basic accounting & billing processes, monthly closings, and reporting related to journal entries and account activity/analysis while executing control procedures.
- Analyze assigned accounts to ensure revenues and expenses are recorded properly and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support preparation of internal & external financial statements and schedules.
- Contribute to controllership and continuous process improvement.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
What will you bring to the role?
As you’ve probably gathered by now, we are looking for somebody with a real passion for accounting, analytics and will have the ability to bring people together to work collaboratively, define objectives, and influence leadership to get the best outcome.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of one year of accounting experience.
- Basic Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles & practices.
- Controls execution & task management.
- Analysis & problem-solving.
- Communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Banking/Mortgage operational accounting.
- Financial/regulatory reporting.
- Basic SQL skills.
- Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
- Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
- Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
- Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
- Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organizations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
- Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
- Compensation. $50,000 – $70,000