- USA Only
- 1 applicant (33%)
United States Virtual
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an SEO Specialist experienced in editorial search engine optimization. This role interacts with multiple departments including Editorial, Product, Audience, and more.
Reviewed’s mission is to help people buy the best stuff and love what they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This role will require you to work on certain holidays/big sale days including, but not limited to, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
Reviewed is looking for a SEO Specialist to assist in our organic search efforts and will report to the SEO Manager.
- Help manage the SEO strategy for Reviewed on both our domain and on USATODAY.com
- Make on-page, off-page, and technical recommendations to Editorial, Product, and Audience teams to increase our organic traffic.
- Track performance across all organic channels including, but not limited to, Google Search, Discover, and News.
- Provide Editorial team with actionable insights on trending topics and new opportunities for evergreen and trending content.
- Help conduct regular audits and analyses on our website.
- Use tools including, but not limited to, SEMrush, Google Trends, Google Search Console, and Google Analytics to make recommendations.
- Implement tests and track performance.
- Assist the SEO Manager with regular SEO trainings for the Editorial staff and other stakeholders.
- Conduct postmortems after large sale events.
- Stay on top of and communicate SEO news.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, communications, journalism, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in a SEO role. Can include internships.
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO preferred, not required.
- Knowledge of editorial/news SEO preferred, not required.
- Experience working in Google Search Console, Google Trends, Google Analytics, and an SEO Marketing platform like Semrush.
- Must be able to work certain holidays/big sale days including, but not limited to, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
- Self-starter with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- A quick learner with the ability to adapt to change.
- An individual who possesses an intrinsic drive to learn & innovate.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Most of the work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc.