Senior Program Manager, Internal Games Studios
- 5 applicants
Senior Program Manager, Internal Games Studios
- Remote, United States
- Netflix Games Studio
Netflix is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join Netflix Game Studios in delivering the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience. This role is part of the Internal Games team focused on delivering new world-class games on Netflix.
The Program Manager will ensure that our internally developed games are delivered to the service on time and without unwanted surprises. The role will drive operational efficiency for the games in development and live, engaging with a broad array of Netflix cross-functional organizations. This role will partner and collaborate with Development, Platform, Product, Promotions, and Engineering teams, and take flexible approaches to meet the needs of each game.
Program Managers sit at the nexus between the game team and central partners at Netflix who support the release of games. We are looking for people who are comfortable working within ambiguity, building partnerships to remove it, and always taking constructive steps forward. The role will manage the entire lifecycle of the game from inception, to release, and the ongoing creation of post-release content.
- Create visibility in development progress, game status, risks, dependencies, and escalate proactively
- Manage central partner dependencies through the game’s lifecycle, making sure the game’s needs are met at the right time keeping the path clear for development and partners
- Have a deep understanding of the game being developed, be able to answer questions, proactively resolve the needs of central partners, and spot opportunities for support
- Build productive and open relationships with game teams and central partners (Platform, Product, Engineering, Promotions, Localization and QA)
- Become a knowledge hub of central partner offerings, enable access to Netflix resources the game team can benefit from
- Represent game studio priorities to central partners, work closely with partners to prioritize the needs of the game teams or find solutions that will prevent blockers
- Lean into complex issues and develop processes to enable information flow across the organization to create efficiencies for all of Netflix Games
- Lead the go-to-market effort for the game’s release, and content/feature updates thereafter to ensure engagement and partnership across the organization for game launch and live game management
- Consistently engage with leadership to identify potential issues in the development cycle, narrow down on solutions in partnership with the development teams, and support resolution
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proactive risk management
- Adept at collaboratively moving from uncertainty to clarity
- Excellent, precise, and proactive communicator.
- Empathy for the player
- Seek feedback to make things better
Nice to Have:
- A passion to serve the needs of game developers within the Netflix organization
- Significant experience in Project/Program Management for software development
- Experience with games across various genres from casual to core
- Experience managing and delivering projects through the development lifecycle from business case/pre-production to launch/post launch management, has worked on content development/release and live operations through the game lifecycle
- Project management on AAA games on any major platform preferred (consoles, PC, mobile)
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, preferably a mix of R&D and live
- Experience in partner management, internally or externally, working with licensors a plus
- Desirable: history of collaboration with release management, production or live operations of games
- Technical Project Management / Program Management / Production experience
- US or Canada Remote, must be willing to travel quarterly
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 – 500,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.