Senior Manager, Accounting
Senior Manager, Accounting
UNITED STATES – REMOTE
About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We’re looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations functions while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
You will report to the International Controller on our Accounting team. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, SOX controls, and external audits
- Integrate accounting operations for general ledger to drive alignment with DoorDash global processes
- Shared ownership of full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including managing/reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Assist in managing the preparation of monthly financial reporting for management and U.S. GAAP presentation, including tie-outs to underlying detail
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures.
- Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
We’re excited about you because
- You have 10+ years of accounting experience, with required experience in relevant industry public company
- 2+ years experience in managing and developing staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls.
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, GSuite preferred
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.