Senior Financial Crimes Investigator
- USA Only
Title: Senior Financial Crimes Investigator
- Location: United States
- San Francisco, CA or Remote
At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Financial Crimes Investigator to join our growing team! As the Senior Financial Crimes Investigator, you will have an integral part in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Investigations related to all products and offering within Figure’s Lending, Payments and Securities platforms. In addition to ensuring that Figure is compliance in all aspects of OFAC and AML, your focus will also be on fraud detection, investigation, mitigation and loss prevention across lending and banking products. You will actively collaborate with multiple functions including Product, Engineering, Credit and Operations in driving business growth and launching new products while managing fraud and money laundering risks. BSA Compliance and investigations extend across a variety of product lines, including lending products (HELOCs, Mortgages, Unsecured Loans), Payments (P2P, P2B), card platforms, securities, with a potential of extending into stablecoins, virtual wallets, and cryptocurrency.
The ideal candidate will seek to achieve the optimal balance between customer experience at onboarding and fraud prevention, and maintain that balance as the business grows and fraud trends evolve. You will be assisting in the evaluating of new products, vendors and solutions in the market place for fraud detection and investigation, and become an expert in the use of those solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the Bank Secrecy Act and Fraud Program, with primary emphasis on transaction monitoring, fraud trend analysis and supporting federal law associated with the reporting of suspicious activity or criminal activity including money laundering, potential terrorist financing, fraudulently obtained loans, and other activities related to banking, securities and lending.
- Assist in the monitoring and identification of fraud. Assist in mitigation strategies that balance customer satisfaction with fraud prevention.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to bank secrecy and anti-money laundering appropriate to the position.
- Maintain a familiarity with current banking and financial services delivery, including traditional banking and cutting edge transfers of fund transfers via virtual wallets, stablecoins and crypto.
- Evaluate customer transactions and applications using manual and automated processes for evidence of Fraud and BSA targeted acts.
- Ensure SARs and Elder Abuse Financial Abuse reports are reported within federal timeframes.
- Maintain compliance with the Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Elder / Dependent Abuse regulations.
- Work cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Credit and Operations to drive changes based on fraud loss trends, product evolution and vendor performance.
- Assist in transaction monitoring and the administration and mitigation of alerts including possible threshold testing of the alert system to ensure effectiveness.
- Develop, revise or suggest changes to current policies and procedures based on evolving risks, regulatory expectations, program enhancements or company expectations.
- Assist the BSA Officer in preparing the risk assessment for the Company, and meet with regulators assisting with BSA questions, risk assessment methodology and other regulatory requirements.
- Process requests from government agencies inquiring about previously submitted SARs or law enforcement cases.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of progressive experience related to anti-money laundering, fraud, or compliance in a financial institution, relevant law enforcement experience or similar investigative experience
- Comfortable using database query language, automated database programs and analyzing data to develop insights
- Comfortable making impactful decisions in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, combined with effective judgment and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in Fraud and BSA/AML compliance and related services
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively in providing Fraud and BSA/AML guidance and expertise to other staff, and to prepare clear and concise written documents
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- CAMS or CFE certification favorably considered
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonuses
- Stock options
- Paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!