Senior Financial Analyst
Sr. Financial Analyst
Corporate – Accounting/Finance
Remote Opportunity – United States
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the preparation of the annual plan, the rolling forecast, actual versus forecast, plan and prior year comparative reports, month/quarter/year end reporting, ad-hoc reporting/analysis, and business unit support across the enterprise with a strong focus on continuous process improvement. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand, strategy, core values and service attributes. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Support the generation of profit and loss (P&L) reports, earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) reports and store margin detail reports for the rolling forecast and annual operating plan (AOP).
- Generate and maintain margin/contribution models to support the AOP and rolling forecast processes.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual variance reporting with supporting documentation/visualizations and propose corrective actions when required.
- Monitor, respond and resolve store and field plan and forecast P&L inquiries, related to natural events, acquisitions, business events, etc.
- Update operating plans and supporting database(s) with approved changes to the retail business.
- Prepare standardized reporting templates and manage frequent ad-hoc management requests.
- Manage and build collaborative, trusting relationships within FP&A as well as cross functional business unit partners through accurate and consistent communication.
- This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Finance, Accounting or Business. required.
- 5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis within a corporate environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. required.
- ERP/EPM Experience preferred.