Senior Financial Analyst
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Financial Analyst
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role in the Finance department, joining a fast-paced and collaborative Financial Planning & Analysis team. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights to leaders.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be instrumental in interpreting and analyzing the financial trends of the business, and developing concise, actionable, and data driven recommendations to be communicated to company leadership. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a keen attention to detail and ability to drive a narrative.
- Build and manage ad hoc financial / analytical reporting models
- Prepare GAAP monthly budget to actual reporting and variance analyses
- Model, forecast and track expense components and drivers
- Understand, develop and monitor business KPIs to report on performance and trends
- Drive improvements in our corporate reporting to derive insights and provide recommendations that will bring long term benefits the business
- Provide input to process improvements based on industry best practices
- Identify trends, develop insights, and present this to the business leaders to leverage the information as part of investment decision-making
- Participate in ad hoc financial analysis and strategic projects
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Highly self-motivated and proactive by nature
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment and engage in cross-functional collaboration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences
- Critical thinker with great attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in FP&A or equivalent role
Should you join Amwell and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company’s operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex finance, accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance