Senior Editorial Manager, Curation
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Title:Senior Editorial Manager, Curation
Location: United States
Yahoo serves as a trusted guide for hundreds of millions of people globally, helping them achieve their goals online through our portfolio of iconic products. For advertisers, Yahoo Advertising offers omnichannel solutions and powerful data to engage with our brands and deliver results.
A little about us:
At Yahoo News, we are building the best guide to the Internet (and the world) by making it easy to discover the most useful and interesting content online. We do this by collaborating cross-functionally to deliver high-quality content and engaging experiences to the 35 million users who come to us everyday. Under a new leadership team, we are committed to revitalizing this well- recognized and reliable source of breaking news, entertainment, culture, wellness, sports and finance content and positioning it for the future. On the Curation team, we spend our days selecting the content featured across Yahoo News, from breaking news and trending storylines to deeper dives and delightful distractions. When we’re not focusing on the news itself, we’re busy developing new experiences and tools to modernize our offerings and provide a best-in-class experience for our users.
A lot about you:
We are seeking a dynamic and news-obsessed Senior Editorial Manager to act as a cross-functional liaison supporting strategic and product initiatives. This role requires expert breaking news judgment, compelling headline craftsmanship, strong attention to detail and knowledge of journalistic standards and ethics. The ideal candidate will be a solutions-oriented leader with experience managing journalists and collaborating cross-functionally in a news environment. This person will be the point of contact for Product and Engineering, including assisting with roadmap prioritization, facilitating user tests and evaluating AI opportunities; they will also work closely with analytics, search and business development colleagues. This person will help drive the team to meet various quarterly goals, so it is important they have data-driven audience thinking and decision-making skills.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have a passion for innovation and experimenting with evolving formats, templates and modes of content distribution as we strive to meet the changing needs of our increasingly mobile audience. Help us to stay creative and anticipate what’s next when it comes to curation so we remain a vital source of information for our users.
- Support critical relationships with internal teams, including product, engineering, product design, visuals, analytics, search and platforms
- Help editorial and product deliver a best-in-class user experience
- Facilitate user testing, QA and experimentation at scale
- Represent editorial perspectives around AI explorations and considerations
- Collaborate with key partners to assess and grow our robust content library and strengthen our programming
- Help grow the audience for Yahoo originals through distribution efforts
- Facilitate headline coaching in partnership with search and copy desk
- Manage relationships with internal content teams and key product stakeholders on projects to grow user engagement and diversify experiences
- Deliver actionable insights from analysis of content performance and user needs
- Help to shape and decide the news of day on Yahoo.com including curation of content, headline writing, notifications and more
- Support and execute coverage plans for tentpole events across a variety of content categories including News, Entertainment, Sports, Tech and more
- Manage breaking news with urgency, speed, accuracy and attention to detail
What we’re looking for:
- 5-7+ years of experience in newsrooms with past experience managing people, teams and projects, as well as collaborating with product and engineering
- Exceptional journalism, copywriting and editing skills with demonstrated experience in past projects aimed at editorial innovation
- Passion for content curation and creating balanced editorial experiences
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, goal-driven team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a high degree of professionalism
- Team-player mindset and willingness to pitch in on any project to help get the job done
- Proficiency in AP style, copy-editing
Nice to haves:
- Experience with distributed news partnerships
- Experience in newsletters, content creation for social media, launching franchises or series
The compensation for this position ranges from $110,625.00 – $230,625.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible – hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.