Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance
Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth and our recent $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
Sourcegraph is looking for a Strategic Financial Senior Analyst to join our growing team! This is a cross-functional role and the person filling it will partner closely across Finance, Accounting, Business Operations and the Go-To- Market (“GTM”) teams to build and manage top-line budgets. Reporting into the Senior Manager of GTM Finance, this is a highly visible role across senior leadership; this person will influence global sales and marketing strategy and Company-wide investment decisions. Additionally, this individual will have exciting opportunities to implement and improve processes that support Sourcegraph’s rapid growth.
This is an opportunity to join Sourcegraph at a critical and exciting stage of hyper-growth. This role is perfect for a roll your sleeves up self-starter who is ready to gain experience in operating a high-growth startup. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and be curious, consultative, articulate, and excited to build and thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you are looking for a dynamic role where you get to collaborate cross- functionally with professionals that share that same passion, then please apply!
What you will be doing:
- Owning the monthly and quarterly ARR and revenue forecast including variance analysis and scenario planning
- Assist in monthly and quarterly management reporting packages; analyzing financial results, identifying key trends, assessing business risk and executive-level communications
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key performance indicators including pipeline analytics, pricing, customer cohort evolution
- Partner with various stakeholders to enhance Sales and Marketing operational metrics, identifying both historical and forecasted trends
- Collaborate with various functional departments to implement new processes or improve existing processes
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis in partnership with the GTM organization
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your peers.
- You will understand the what, why, and how of the projects that you and the Finance team are working on, how those projects contribute to our company goals.
- You will build a better understanding of our high agency value by reading Turn the Ship Around and sharing your thoughts about it with your manager
Within three months:
- Your cross-functional partners in sales, marketing, customer engineering and recruiting are enthusiastic to work with you because you reliably follow-through with your commitments
- You will have become a trusted, strategic advisor to Finance and the business; identifying areas of risk and opportunities aligning with Sourcegraph’s Company strategy.
- In partnership with Sales, you will have implemented a regular ARR forecast cadence and developed executive-level, standardized reporting packages.
Within six months:
- You will have worked cross-functionally to implement scalable processes that drive operational efficiencies and inform strategic business decisions.
- You are Sales’ primary point-of-contact for next year’s budget planning cycle; communicating investment rationale across Finance and the Company.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is experienced with SaaS and/or enterprise software business models and working with sales teams
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate finance or sales finance
- Displays a high-level of intellectual curiosity about our business, not scared to ask questions, displays an eagerness to learn and has a bias towards action
- Is a great listener, works well with ambiguity in a multitude of team environments with several different stakeholders
- Builds strong relationships, has a strong ability to understand business challenges and how to drive outcomes
Interview process [~5 hour total interview]
- You apply.
- [30 min] Recruiter screen
- [30 min] Intro call with David Madsen (Senior Manager, Finance): We chat with you about Sourcegraph and to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- Take Home Assignment (One hour): A project to see how you break down a complex, open-ended problem into an implementation plan.
- In-depth Interview stage:
- [45 min] Resume deep dive (aka Topgrade)
- [45 min] Assignment review/Finance Team interview with Kendrick Morris and Tommy O Donnell
- [30 min] Business partner interview – (Sales leadership)
- [30 min] Values interview (Steph Hay)
- [30 min] Department head interview (Dan Adler)
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & make you an offer
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements. We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.