Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
Title: Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist on the Reddit Finance & Accounting team, you will be focused on interacting closely with our Agencies & Advertisers to ensure their needs are continuously met. You will also partner with Reddit Sales to help manage customer expectations.
The ideal candidate will be a strong performer with a number of years of experience in a high tech organization and specifically in the area of quote- to-cash with an emphasis on heavy cash collections. The successful candidate must be a driven, high energy, customer service- focused individual that can work well with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. They will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions, and exercise good business judgment while performing their function.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish relationships with key agencies and advertisers, including following-up frequently by phone and/or email on past due balances with a direct focus on lowering DSO and minimizing bad-debt.
- Investigate, document and resolve customer billing disputes in a timely manner.
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies by collaborating with the Sales and Finance and Accounting teams to create and/or improve systems and processes.
- Drive collections process improvements to maximize potential for our teams.
- Generate and prepare weekly aging reports with collection comments for management review.
- Focus on meeting departmental monthly cash collection goals and targets.
- Analyze customer credit worthiness by utilizing all means available to determine appropriate lines of credit.
- Responsible for ensuring that all payments received are posted to advertisers accounts in a timely manner and matched against the relevant invoice(s); as well as identifying and resolving payment discrepancies.
- Assist with SOX implementation across all aspects of Accounts Receivable.
- Help in the preparation of schedules related to the external audit and provide all supporting information requested in conjunction with the audit.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5 + years of work experience in Accounts Receivable, preferably in the advertising, digital and/or media industries and at least one year in a publicly-traded company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong collections and cash applications background.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize day-to-day responsibilities, while ensuring timelines and deadlines are continuously met.
- Experience with Netsuite or similar ERP system required.
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office required.
- Ability to think outside the box, work independently with minimal supervision, be a team player, and be willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively to deliver results, and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and suggest solutions.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers and ability to generate ideas and learn quickly in a high growth company.
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity, and judgment.
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off