Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
- USA Only
- 2 applicants
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
job requisition id
- With general supervision, perform all aspects of Accounts Payable operations with moderate to high levels of complexity. Deliver exemplary levels of service to all VSP customer types while consistently ensuring internal and external financial controls and standards are met.
- Perform day-to-day processing of a variety of Accounts Payable transaction types utilizing various Procure-to-Pay system modules (e.g. VIM, ERS, SNC, SAP FI) for USD and foreign currencies, to include complex invoices and situations
- Lead and/or participate in meetings with both internal and external business partners to address moderate to complex issues
- Establish effective partnerships and working relationships with relevant business partners of all position levels to ensure timely and accurate processing
- Adhere to procedures that are in compliance with applicable government regulations (IRS, GAAP, FTB, MAR/SOX) as well as VSP signature authorization and cash management policies
- Comply with and maintain data integrity of confidential information, security policies, and procedures
- Resolve reconciling differences in goods receipt/invoice receipt ledger account
- Support various Accounts Payable process improvement initiatives and proactively identify new opportunities that could have company-wide impacts
- Assist with developing and maintaining Accounts Payable process documentation
- Perform Accounts Payable vendor maintenance tasks in SAP for both domestic and foreign vendors, often supporting multiple lines of business
- Process Accounts Payable payment proposals for all payment types in accordance with department procedures and cash management guidelines
- Utilize various Procure-to-Pay system modules (e.g. VIM, ERS, SNC, SAP FI, Concur) and process expertise to provide exemplary levels of customer support, training, and troubleshooting
- Administer internal controls for expense report submission through the auditing of expense reports against company policies
- Identify non-compliant expense reports and send back to the employee to make the appropriate changes; escalate issues as appropriate
- Develop expense audit summary reports for Accounts Payable Management
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Two to Four years of experience in a high volume, preferably automated Accounts Payable/Procure to Pay environment
- Active Accounts Payable Specialist Certification preferred
- ERP system (preferably SAP) experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements, as they relate to Accounts Payable
- Ability to use appropriate discretion and judgment in processing Accounts Payable transactions
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Moderate proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize work and manage competing priorities in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as needed
- Clean credit history as reported by credit report
Compensation range for the role is listed below. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding VSP Vision benefits, pleaseclick here.
Salary Ranges: $17.00 – $27.50
VSP Vision is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Notice to Candidates: Fraud Alert – Fake Job Opportunity Solicitations Used to Collect Fees/Personal Information.
We have been made aware that fake job opportunities are being offered by individuals posing as VSP Vision and affiliate recruiters. Click here to learn about our application process and what to watch for regarding false job opportunities.
As a regular part of doing business,VSPVision (“VSP”)collects many different types ofpersonal information, including protected health information, about ouraudiences, includingmembers, doctors,clients, brokers, business partners,andemployees. VSP Vision employees will have access to this sensitive personal information and are subject to follow Information Security and Privacy Policies.