Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
United States G & A
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company, solving humanity’s grand challenges by accelerating and improving scientific outcomes. The Tetra Scientific Data Cloud provides life sciences companies with the flexibility, scalability, and data-centric capabilities to enable easy access to compliant, engineered, liquid, and actionable scientific data (‘Tetra Data’). As an open platform, TetraScience has built the largest network of life sciences innovators, including instrument makers, informatics solution providers, CRO/CDMOs, visualization, analytics, and data science partners — creating seamless interoperability and empowering an innovation feedback loop to drive the future of life sciences and harness the power of the world’s scientific data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
This is a formative and exciting time as we seek to hire for and define the accounting function more fully within the company and implement increased visibility, controls and accountability into company financials and business metrics. Your expertise and business acumen will complement and enhance a focused team of startup professionals. If you are wanting to make an impact at a hyper growth startup while growing professionally, this is a great opportunity to do just that!
- Process invoices, and payment requests received in the AP inbox in a timely manner and ensure they are captured and classified to the correct General Ledger account in NetSuite
- Perform invoice and general ledger data entry
- Ensure invoices are processed according to accounting policies and procedures, approval authority matrix, and vendor specific guidelines
- Assist in general ledger coding and accounting determinations (capitalize vs expense, prepaids, etc.)
- Determining what needs to be accrued at month end
- Process/audit expense reports submitted in NetSuite
- Assist in customer invoicing as necessary
- Assist with building out core reporting for the Accounts Payable function
- Participate and support audits
- Provide reporting on collection status, delinquent accounts, and cash collections
- Assist with 1099 filing
What You Have Done
- 2-3 years relevant experience in Accounts Payable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus
- Strong Excel skills (pivots, lookups, ability to work with large files, etc.) and the ability to familiarize oneself quickly with various internal and third-party billing and financial reporting systems is a plus
- Experience with subscription-based billing, such as with a SaaS company
- 100% employer paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediately family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD
No visa sponsorship is available for this position