Senior Accountant, Financial Products and Services Accounting
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Senior Accountant, Financial Products & Services Accounting
job requisition id
About the team
Zillow Group is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing Financial Products & Services Accounting team! Reporting to the Manager of Financial Products & Services, this position is responsible for delivering accurate and timely financial information to management, business partners, and other stakeholders across the organization. If you are a highly motivated individual, who is always up for a new challenge and has a love for GAAP, we encourage you to apply!
About the role
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail oriented, has excellent analytical skills, and should be able to take ownership of sophisticated tasks with minimal direct supervision. This individual will work in a highly collaborative environment with business partners across the company. The role will initially focus on servicing and escrow reconciliations associated with our title and escrow and mortgage origination companies. This role will act as the team liaison between our tech and accounting teams, be responsible for taking lead on many system-focused projects, as well as assist standing up new products.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as part of the month-end close process; related to but not limited to escrow and payment activity.
- Provide support and assist with state level regulatory audits and/or financial audits.
- Review and/or prepare journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with month-end close procedures.
- Conduct thorough investigations and prepare supporting documentation for variance analysis of, but not limited to, trust and escrow liability accounts.
- Analyze financial data and generate reports to communicate financial results to management.
- Monitor and provide support for accrual and operating expense recognition, leveraging purchase order data and procurement processes. Take ownership of ensuring the completeness and accuracy of accruals in alignment with GAAP.
- Lead investigations into and prepare flux analysis for balance sheet and/or income statement accounts.
- Drive process improvement initiatives to streamline and automate manual workflows, enhancing operational efficiency and process documentation.
- Establish operational and internal control processes for new and evolving products, ensuring compliance with SOX requirements.
- Manage high volumes of work effectively within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers, including ad-hoc financial analysis, special projects and new product launches.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to staff accountants, fostering their professional development.
- Conduct research on technical accounting positions and processes as needed, relying on US GAAP standards and interpretations.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. Remote employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $71,600.00 – $114,400.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- CPA, with strong knowledge of GAAP, preferred
- Experience working in a highly regulated space, preferred
- Experience reviewing journal entries and reconciliations with a critical approach
- Experience implementing new projects and product lines, preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in public accounting, mid-to-large sized tech or high-growth company
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Capable of analyzing large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present findings and interact at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excels in an accelerated, rapidly evolving, and data driven organization
- Able work with a high sense of urgency while maintaining superior attention to detail
- Has a proactive approach with the ability to multitask, think creatively, and learn quickly in a high-speed environment
- Capable of prioritizing competing responsibilities and independently driving toward deadlines in a hyper growth environment
- Experience with Workday Financial Management preferred
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make home a reality for more and more people.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do helps people get home and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making home a reality for more and more people.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep- rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverages as well as parental leave, family benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected].
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non- competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.