- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Accountant (US Remote)
locations Remote – US
time type Full time
job requisition id R-17309
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Payroll Accountant (Implementation and Development)
We currently have an opportunity for a Payroll Accountant with experience implementing and developing different payroll systems in a Globally matrixed association. This position will primarily support payroll software implementation, journal entries, reconciliations, and month-end close. Other tasks may also be assigned. This position has the possibility to work remotely.
- Provide leadership and support for new payroll system implementation.
- Ownership of system and process testing as requested.
- Reconcile payroll related balance sheet accounts, including benefits, payroll taxes, and payroll cash including net pay disbursements.
- Prepare journal entries for payroll related activities, including various accruals.
- Collaborate with existing payroll department providing accounting-related guidance and support.
- Provide payroll leadership and support for finance and accounting teams across the US and globally.
- Ownership of departmental requests (i.e.-technical accounting and audit).
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with IFRSand other accounting regulations.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience implementing new payroll software and systems for a globally matrixed organization.
- Strong Accounting background and experience with U.S. GAAP, IFRS, etc.
- Experience collaborating with and advising key stakeholders, cross-functional departments, business partners, and others to develop processes, create initiatives, and lead payroll accounting functions.
- Able to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP required.
- Experience with Ceridian and / or Workday desired.
- High level of professionalism in handling sensitive information.
- High level of accuracy required.
- Able to adapt to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Typical Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 years of related experience or Masters Degree with 3 years of related experience required.
- Experience with implementation of payroll accounting software for a large global enterprise required.
- 3-5 Years Payroll Accounting software experience required.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
The base pay range for this position is
Min $76,400 – Max $137,500
The pay wage range shown is based on the job posting’s primary location. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications, and location.