- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
NYC or Remote
Finance + Accounting – Accounting
At Olo, we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are, if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen!
Olo is seeking a Revenue Director to lead our Billing and Revenue Team (Deal Desk to Recognition) to ensure the accuracy and quality of all data and information throughout the order-to-cash cycle. Reporting to the VP, Controller, you will work cross-functionally across our Business Systems, Sales, Legal, Deployment, and Customer Success teams to improve and scale our processes. You will also work closely with our Corporate Accounting Team during the month-end accounting close process, including overseeing revenue journal entries and account reconciliation work papers.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You’ll Do
- Lead process improvements and automation efforts, working closely with department stakeholders to support accounting and compliance functions.
- Oversee the monthly Billing & Revenue close process from order initiation to external (SEC) financial reporting, including account reconciliations of contract assets/liabilities and accounts receivable.
- Update and maintain SOX documentation of controls and process narratives, ensure no control gaps and risks, and effective internal controls.
- Exercise diplomacy skills to deal effectively and professionally with obstacles that arise with external customers and vendors and with internal stakeholders
- Proactively partner with the Sales Operations, Legal, and Accounting Teams during contract negotiations to provide suggestions and assistance in revenue recognition optimization.
- Collaborate with our FPA Team to research any unexpected actual revenue results with expectations.
- Manage the continued development and growth of the revenue team, assisting each member in building their professional career and maximizing individual potential.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in a SaaS environment
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 606 and internal controls
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal and external Auditors
- High level of familiarity with Salesforce, Zuora, and Sage Intacct. Braintree is a plus!
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Active CPA or CPA eligible
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo’s platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you’re in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo’s headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $145k to $175k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don’t meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at: